Chapter 18

A/N: Just another quick note that the beginning of this chapter deals with some abuse, and a reminder to stay safe, and if you are being abused, you can always tell someone. If you just need someone to talk to, I don't have anything better going on.

Kam's pov.

I pulled at the restraints struggled to get them off. I had to get them off, I was here to save Jayden, not the other way around. 

I could see Jayden slowly pulling off his shirt. I needed to figure out a plan, I needed a way to get out of here and help him. I needed to get outside and teleport him back to safety, that was why I was here. I was here to help him, why couldn't I help him?

Jayden began to unzip his pants and remove them, avoiding my eyes.

"Hurry it up," Frost commanded. 

There had to be something that I could do to free myself from these ropes. There had to be a way that I could save him. I was supposed to be the hero. I was supposed to be the knight in shining here to rescue him from the villain, but I couldn't. Instead, I was helpless, trapped by the cuffs.

As Jayden finished removing his clothes, Frost created a long spiked whip out of magic. When Jayden was done, he raised the whip over his head and brought it down across Jayden's back. He shouted out in a painful cry that filled the room up. 

His cry only made me fight harder. I could feel my skin tearing as I fought against the chains that held me back. I wanted to call to him, I wanted to be there for him. 

Jayden was whipped again and I could feel the tears start to slid down my cheeks. I bit down hard on the gag, trying to scream out to him. I had to get out, there had to be a way that I could help him.

"Get up, boy!" Frost shouted. 

Slowly, Jayden stood up and turned to face Frost. They stared at each other for a few seconds, Jayden was crying silently as his back bleed out. 

Frost walked up close to Jayden. I could see Jayden shiver in fear, but he didn't move, he didn't run. He stayed perfectly still just so that I could get out of here alright, it wasn't fair. I was supposed to be his hero, not the other way around.

Frost placed his hands onto Jayden's chest and pushed him down on all fours. 

"Sit, pet," Frost demanded. 

Jayden sat. 

"Lie down," Frost ordered. 

Again Jayden did as he was told. I felt so helpless. There had to be a way I could get out of here, there had to be a way I could do something, anything.

"Bark," Frost said.

Swallowing his pride, Jayden looked over to me and said, "Woof."

"What a good boy," Frost said, though his voice wasn't complementing, it was cold, with a twisted sense to the words. 

Frost swung the whip down at Jayden again as he lay on the floor in defeat. 

"Don't worry, my beautiful boy," Frost whispered just barely loud enough so I could hear, "I will do much worse to anyone else who dares to get near you again." 

Suddenly, a bright yellow burst of light blinded me. I closed my eyes, but they offered little to no protection from the blazing light. I felt the resistance around me drop as someone ripped the gag off of me. Someone grabbed my hand and began to pull me.

I could feel myself running, but I had no idea where I was going, just that I was being dragged by the hand that had yanked me away. Once I was out of the fake room, my eyes adjusted to the light and I saw that it was Frost who was holding my hand. I quickly stopped and yanked away, I reached for my sword but it was nowhere to be seen.