Summer before Fifth Year

Hey Guys! Quick note! This chapter takes place when Hazel and Draco are 15, and it's during the summertime. If you're confused, Hazel is with her "dad" (Snape) and Harry is doing his own thing.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

It was a sunny afternoon and Hazel was just packing away the clean dishes when a loud POP echoed around her kitchen. She jumped in fright and dropped the two glasses she was holding, the sound of them crashing into the ground and shattering into a million pieces made her wince.

"Sorry about that"

She turned to the voice and gave its' owner a hard stare.

"Draco."

"Relax! I can fix it." 

With a wave of his wand, the pieces reconnected and the two glasses hovered in the air. Hazel snatched them before they fell back to the ground, and continued to pack them away.

"Why don't you just use magic?"

"Because Dad confiscated my wand."

Draco smiled and said, "Now why would he do that?"

Hazel sighed and turned to face him, "I may have hexed the neighbour's boy."

"The muggle? And he took away your wand for that? I didn't know Severus Snape was against hexing muggles."

Hazel gave him a pointed look, but he merely grinned back at her. It's not like Draco had anything against muggles really, but he loved to wind her up. 

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in France with your parents."

"I was."

She hit his arm, saying, "Answer the question!"

"Ow! Ok ok, I'm sorry," he grinned. 

She rolled her eyes and continued packing away the dishes.

Draco rubbed his arm where she'd hit him, but only because he wanted her to feel bad about it. Seeing that she couldn't give a toss, he said, "Mother and Father have been spending all their time at these big fancy balls and they've been leaving me with a babysitter. Can you imagine? Me, having a babysitter! I'm 15 years old for Salazar's sake!"

Draco hopped up on the kitchen counter and continued with his story, saying, "Anyways, the old hag was a boring as day old shit, so I told my father that I was going back home."

"And he just let you?"

"Of course he did, why wouldn't he?"

"I don't know, maybe because Lucious Malfoy never lets you do anything that you actually want to do?"

Draco sighed, "Fair enough."

"So, tell me, do your parents know that you're here?"

"Well, they don't know that I'm not in France."

At this, Hazel let out a laugh, and finally put down her drying cloth.

Draco grinned, happy that he finally had her attention. "So, where's old Snape, then?"

"Dad's gone into town, he's probably going to be home in the next hour."

Draco looked disappointed, and so Hazel added, "But...he wouldn't care that much if I wasn't here when he came back... we could go to the lake if you want and maybe even get some ice cream from the village?"