Chapter 85

ces: hello! im terribly sorry for the late update but i've been writing nonstop to this another story (for the KHR fans!!) and it is fuelling me

enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 85: "Chills"

Deep into the night, Bill used Dipper's laptop to hack into the surveillance cameras of the building where Cassandra is kidnapped. As he expected, the van is vaguely familiar. Something in a memory when he was a child, something he sees frequently when Mantino is tucked away in the basement doing god knows what.

Dipper was already passed out since an hour ago, not by choice. He was exhausted with all the Bill being half blind, doing his take home activities, learning that Cassandra got kidnapped and knowing that Mantino pulled this stunt exhausts him. So, he's in the coach, tucked away by Bill as the blonde continue his investigation on his bed, lights dimmed.

He bites his lower lip as he stared hard to the thugs that took her. The van was waiting for her, it's so obvious since they parked in front of the building before 32 minutes the kidnapping happened. He can't remember, never seen these people but he knows this is Mantino. Unless some dick puts his life on the line.

His phone vibrated next to him to see Wynn calling him. His eyebrow raised and picked it up.

"Why on earth are you awake?" He hissed against the phone, tone without malice at all.

"I could say the same thing to you, Bill." A pause. "Any luck?" Now her voice lacing with worry.

He let a sigh escape his lips as he leans against the headboard of the bed. "Nada. I told Reynold already and he said he'll do some snooping." He answered, pinching the bridge of his nose, tired.

"You sound tired, little brother."

"Yeah, no shit. I just got the bandage off today and now I'm overworking them." Bill laughed dryly. He narrowed his eye on the laptop then to the sleeping figure of his lover and sighed. He really should stop before Dipper gets worried again.

With that, he shuts down the laptop as Wynn speaks again.

"Still can't cope up with the fact you just have one eye!" She laughed. "You better search for some Gucci eyepatch or something."

Bill snorted at that but took a mental note. Just in case, Gucci does have an eyepatch. He blinked. "Ha ha. If they do have that, I'll kick your ass." He threatened.

He can see the challenging smirk on his sister's face. "As if you can kick my ass! You're manipulated by this pretty face!" She teased.

"Your face? Bitch we have the same face! Just different colors!" Bill laughed.

They share a good laugh. No one will tell but they know deep down they miss these jokes, petty arguments, and teases.

For a while, no one said anything. Just relishing each other's presence despite far apart from each other. Bill sighed softly, melting against on his bed, as he stares above the ceiling, counting, breathing.

"Still there?" Her soft voice asking.

"Yeah." He paused. "Still here."

"You think mom's still alive?"

It was a stupid question. Something you shouldn't ask unless it might happen. But knowing Mantino, he won't hesitate to kill Cassandra. Hell, he won't hesitate to blow up the hospitals they are in just so he can have everything that are rightfully theirs.