Chapter 49

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 49 "Fault"

Third Person's POV

"Are you sure, he's alright?" Melinda asked softly to Mabel, who seems still processing to what the doctor just told them. 

Apparently, after the day Bill visited. Dipper has been acting properly, still the same but rather now, more composed and not that awkward bean you saw from Chapter 1 in this book. The others have visited him today but Mabel nor their parents have seen him. Mabel bites her lower lip, head lowered.

"I-I don't know, Mel.. I haven't seen him." She replied and sat down.

Melinda frowned sadly at that, "I see.." She muttered and glanced at the room, where it's bustling once again and she can see Dipper smiling and laughing again.

"What did the doctor mean by, 'medicines'?" She asked, although she is fully aware what medicines they are.

Mabel cleared her throat, suddenly dry. "The usual-- his antidepressants.. and others." She answered. "But, I'm pretty sure he always takes them.." She trails off.

Melinda chuckled uneasily, "as if you're saying he never got out of depression." She muttered.

The sister clenched on her pants and didn't met her gaze. She can't lie because that is true. She can't lie because until now, Dipper is still suffering.

And she can't do anything about it.

Melinda shouldn't have said that but has no choice. Mabel has to face reality, even if it's only a little bit. She ran a hand on her hair, sighing heavily, "well.. whatever you and your brother has it going--" She pats her head, "you both have to face it." She says.

Mabel knows that and she's terrified of it.

"Although, I'm pretty sure Dipper is ready to talk about it though." The red-head smirked and ruffled Mabel's head, which she yelped and almost fell off the chair.

Melinda laughed and approached the room, "Better tell your parents that he's fine now!" She exclaimed and entered the room with the soft click as it closes behind her.

Mabel could only stare at the door with a painful expression.

*=*

Bill waited outside the hospital. In the garden once again, watching the patients have their break from the suffocating four-cornered rooms. He smiled when children came and play outside by the freshly cut green grass in front of him. The boys are playing tag while the girls are playing dolls and some action figures to spice up their game. His smile went wide when a little girl with cute freckles over her nose noticed him watching, she smiled and waved her small hand.

He waved back, subtle.

"Children are nice.." He muttered with a carefree voice.

He looked at the hand that he waved. This is the same hand that Dipper held so tightly yesterday, trembling under his touch and sweaty. Most people will cringe. But he understands his position. It was very brave of him, he thought after that visit. Holding back his tears, although it's so obvious he wanted to cry so much. Until now he's still worried that he might be traumatized this time by him. 

He sweat dropped. He makes a lot of traumatizing things for Dipper, huh.

Although, he feels very guilty about it. He has no idea what to do to make himself behave around him, it was getting irritating. 

As much as he wanted to treasure him and just look at him from a far. A stronger force kept wanting him to be his, kept pushing him to do things that he knows the other will be scared of.