Chapter 61

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 61 "Exhaustion"

A week has passed since Bill and Dipper's arrival back at California. Everything has paced back to place. Bill working at the cafe and as always, being visited by his female fans, occasionally too, his male fans. Which isn't a surprise to Bill apparently.

He says it's one of the perks. Everyone just assumes he slept with men too.

As for Dipper, school has started again. It's been a hell of a week, a list of activities and review days has taken over his schedule to the extent he occasionally sleeps at the cafe, sometimes with Mabel and/or Gabrielle.

There is added stress too when Mabel is announced to leave for Paris after this school year. She'll be leaving real soon.

Dipper gasped when Alex suddenly appeared in front of him, holding a stack of papers. It looks like he's handing out flyers, he thought. He's surprised that he wasn't fazed at the towering dark man.

"Pines." Alex greeted with a curt nod.

"Alex? What is it?" Dipper asked, stressed lines appearing on his forehead.

The tall man hands him the papers. "Here." Dipper blinks and quickly takes all of it, stacking it properly on his arms.

"Uhh-"

"Professor Madie wants you to deliver these to the Biology lab." Alex said, stoic as always.

His eyes ran all through Dipper's appearance. In his messy mess of a hair, the dark circles under his eyes and the plump lower lip that indicates it was bitten by him occasionally. He narrows his eyes away, "you better hurry, she needs those." With that he left without any other words.

Dipper stared at the tall figure. Glaring at him, "he should have deliver it to her than me!" He muttered, furious.

Besides, the Biology lab is literally at the other side of the building. He needs to take two floors down and cross the court yard then climb 3 floors up again.

Dipper glares behind his glasses. It's like signing a death wish! He cursed Alex in his mind.

The good thing is he has no classes anymore, his Creative Writing Professor canceled their class due to the death of his cat. A bit dramatic what would Dipper say but he respects the man's feelings. Thanks to that incident (not really, sorry), he has the free time!

"Maybe I can get on with that manuscript.." He mutters as he finally reached the ground floor. He crossed the snowy field of the court yard, with few students bonding and a couple making out in full view.

Dipper abruptly stopped on his tracks when he came to face Gideon Gleeful.

The man stands tall and serious, as always. His skin seems to look more pale, especially his hair. The snow seems to disappear if it lands on his hair.

Dipper glares, not forgetting what he did to him.

Gideon just narrows his eyes away and passed by him, silently.

Which is suspicious since when Gideon does that, it usually have an insult or his shoulder purposely bumping to his. But none of those happen!

Dipper watched Gideon disappear, before frowning and continue walking to the building.

By the time he arrives at the lab, he was breathless and exhausted. He was sweating despite the cold atmosphere. He clears his throat and knocked, followed by, "Ms. Madie? I got the papers you asked for!" He exclaimed.