😈demon slayer😈 demon!kuroba kaito x preacher!reader (au)

A/n; I'm a sucker for aus like these, ok?

😂

⚠️Warning: Hints of sexual assault in this chapter. Don't read if you're uncomfortable with that kind of stuff.⚠️

Dry leaves crunched underneath your foot as you walked up the front porch to your house, tired after a long day of work. You pulled out your keys and unlocked the front door, stepping into the dark and seemingly-empty foyer.

"Kaito, I'm back!" you called out as you flicked the lights on. After a few seconds, the air in front of you wobbled and heated up before your boyfriend materialized out of nowhere.

"Welcome back, (y/n)!"

He wrapped his arms around your waist, trapping you on a tight hug. You heaved a sigh and leaned into the hug, in desperate need of his fiery warmth and soft touch.

You pulled away first and grinned at him.

"I hope you remembered what tonight is, Kaito."

Your boyfriend was silent for a few seconds as he thought. Once he remembered, however, his violet eyes lit up and his forked tail began wagging side to side like a puppy's.

"Movie night!"

You grinned at him and ruffled his fluffy hair. "That's right. This week's my turn to pick the movie, so you get the snacks and popcorn ready. I'll be downstairs shortly after I change."

You turned away and headed up the stairs, stopping halfway up.

"Oh, and by the way, if I catch you trying to peep on me changing again..."

You pulled out the silver rosary you wore from beneath your clothes and flashed it at him.

"I won't hesitate to use this."

You grinned at the sight of his terrified expression and walked into your room, quickly stripping out of your sweltering white robes in favor of something more comfortable and cooling.

You had taken on the job of a preacher at your local church last year. It was quite enjoyable, honestly. Your audience was, for the most part, polite and respected you, something that couldn't be said for some of your other jobs. You especially enjoyed working with the children in the summer camps the church offered frequently throughout the year. You always looked forward to those.

A thought flitted across your mind as you brushed your hair, making you gently bite your lip.

This job didn't come without its drawbacks, however. Every now and then, perhaps once a week, you'd get someone complaining to the church administration about how your presence as a preacher was "unbiblical" and that a man should be in your position instead.

The very thought of it made you roll your eyes and slam your hairbrush down with a bit more force than necessary. Your church was more forward-thinking and said "screw it" to thoughts like that, allowing you to keep your job. And for further measures, they hired another female preacher to take some of the workload off of you. Coincidentally, the other preacher was your bestie Aoko, making your job much more enjoyable, as you could now talk to her as you worked.

There was also something else concerning your job, although it hadn't happened to you personally. You had heard countless stories of sexual abuse within churches all over the world, and the number was only rising every year. As one of the only female members in your church's congregation, this was a topic you thought about a lot before making any decisions.

The church didn't officially allow dating and relationships aside from the one with God, but since you were young and rather low-ranking in the church hierarchy, they exempted you from that rule. But even though they allowed you to date, you didn't think they'd approve of you having a literal demon for your boyfriend. So you had to keep it under wraps at all times. The only one you had told was Aoko.