💞lovesick💞 kuroba kaito x reader (au)

A/n: This is an AU where Kaito is the CEO of a company and you're the COO.

"Here are the papers you requested about our company's finances for this month, Miss (y/n)."

You smiled gratefully at your secretary, (f/n), as you accepted the papers.

"Thanks, (f/n). It really means a lot to me."

She brushed off your compliments and headed back to her desk by the entrance to your office.

"You don't have to thank me. I'll be here doing my usual tasks so if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

You waved to her before you shut the door to your office and walked over to your desk, plopping down into your chair. Rifling through the papers, you nodded your head in satisfaction.

"All right... our stocks and profits seem to be doing well. With this, maybe our company can make that business deal we've been holding off on for so long..."

A knock from the door distracted you.

"Who is it?"

"It's me, (y/n)."

The flirtatious voice told you enough.

"Come in, Kaito."

The door swung open to reveal your boss and the only person above your status as COO. Kuroba Kaito, CEO.

He winked and cheekily grinned at you before taking a seat in front of you.

"Hard at work, I see."

You absentmindedly nodded as you wrote up the contract to the proposed business deal.

"Hey, Kaito. About that proposed deal with that other company..."

"What about it?"

"Our finances are doing well and I believe it's in our best interests to agree to it. Does this agreement I've written up seem acceptable?"

He took it from you and scanned through its contents before nodding and handing it back to you.

"Beautifully executed. Go for it."

You got (f/n) and asked her to make a copy of the agreement and to fax it to the other company. She nodded and walked off with it to the room where all the copy and fax machines were located.

You leaned back and stretched. The wall behind you, which was actually a giant window stretching from floor-to-ceiling, showed the midday sun high in the sky.

"Tired, (f/n)?"

You nodded and cracked your back.

"Wanna go out for lunch together then?"

Lunch?

You stared at the digital clock sitting on your desk. 12 pm. Your lunch break had just begun.

"Al-alright, if it's ok with you."

Kaito stood up. "Of course it's alright. A young CEO having a pleasant lunch with his talented and attractive Vice President. What could be better?"

You rolled your eyes and gathered your purse. "For a CEO, you're quite the flirt."

Walking out with Kaito, you passed by the copy room and knocked on the doorframe, catching (f/n)'s attention.

"(F/n), I'm going out to have lunch with Kaito!"

"Alright, got it. Have fun then, if you know what I mean~!"

You realized what she was getting at a second too late. By the time you had turned around to confront her, she was already gone.

You gritted your teeth and tried to cover your flushed face with your hands.