🌥goodbye halcyon days🌥 kudo shinichi x reader

A/n: It's sadness time guys

You turned around to let your mom zip up your wedding dress.

"You ready?" she asked.

You simply just nodded and took a deep breath.

Once you were done, you headed out to get your makeup done. It was rather simple as you didn't like the feel of it smothering your skin. That wasn't natural. That was done in about 15 minutes and your hair was next. It was done in a loose topknot with a flower crown going around your head. A few bobby-pins here and there helped secure it in place.

"You look beautiful," commentated your mom, leaning over your shoulder and staring at you in the mirror.

"Thanks, mom."

She took your hand and led you out of the room, letting you grab your purse and bouquet that you got custom-made. It was quite expensive. Pink carnations, daffodils, purple hyacinths, myrtle, primroses, tea roses, and sweet peas. Yeah, there were a lot of flowers in your bouquet. It was a cascade one as well. It only added to the already-astronomical cost.

Walking out, you climbed into the passenger seat of the car that was waiting for you. Your mom gunned the engine and sped down the road.

"Tell me when to turn."

"Ok."

You turned your gaze to the landscape around you. You sped past countless high-rises and residential houses before you approached a beach where a wedding was set up. The chairs were in place and all the decorations were there. All that was missing were the guests and the couple.

Your mom shot a glance at you. You didn't return it, keeping your eyes directly on it. You were almost there. Soon, your life would change.

She sped past the beach and about five minutes later, pulled into a graveyard. The graveyard was beautiful in the sense that it stunned you to silence. Trees with fleshy, green, low hanging leaves swayed in the breeze with the sunlight gently filtering through the gaps and dappling the lush grass beneath. Various bushes and plants surrounded the property and made you feel safe and protected. The gravestones were gorgeous too, clearly designed with a gothic influence in mind. Some of them were old and weathered and looked as if they had been there since the beginning of time while others were new and fresh without a scratch on them.

You climbed out, clutching your bouquet with one hand and the train of your dress with the other, trying not to trip on it.

"Call me when you're ready to be picked up. Again, I'm so sorry (y/n). He didn't deserve that sort of death."

You blinked back tears. Not yet. "Yeah, I will mom. Thanks."

You watched as the car puttered out of the graveyard before she pulled onto the main road and drove off. Turning around, you made your way to where your husband of eleven months, Kudo Shinichi, lay. His gravestone was next to an old, aging pavilion sheltered by a tree with baby pink flowers. Its branches draped over it and you stopped to pick some flowers to add to your crown. Your high heels clicked loudly as you walked across the stone floor.

Approaching his gravestone, you set the bouquet on the side and gazed up at it. It was rather tall, with an angel gazing down at it and an arm draped protectively across the top. You and Shinichi's parents spared no expense on his funeral and that included his gravestone.