☕️coffee☕️ kudo shinichi x reader (crack-ish)

A/n: This chapter is a continuation of the previous one. Also, this chapter is not really that romantic; it's just reader-chan and Shinichi's sibling rivalry getting the best of each other.

Shinichi woke up with a start from the horrid dream he just had of you and Kid. He clasped a hand to his mouth and took deep, heaving breaths. He felt like throwing up and was trying to force the sensation back down.

Once the nauseous feeling had subsided, he pressed a hand to his forehead. It was still hot, so he decided to go back to sleep.

Only to be rudely interrupted by his bedroom door flying open with a loud bang.

"Shin-chan! Time to take your medicine!"

Shinichi groaned at the sound of your voice and sat up. You froze and scowled at him.

"I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" you snap icily.

"No, you didn't," he shot back, sitting up. You take a seat at his bedside and set down the glass of water before shaking two pills into the palm of your hand. You handed them to your brother and he stared at them with disgust and nervousness in his eyes.

"Oh, suck it up, Shinichi. It'll be over in a moment."

You handed him the glass of water and he accepted it.

"On the count of three. One, two, three!"

He popped the pills into his mouth and forced them down by chugging the entire glass of water. He coughed once it was all down, gagging at the bitter aftertaste of the medicine. You clapped for him.

"Yay! You did it, Shin-chan!"

He scowled at you and wiped his mouth off. "Enough of that. What happened at the heist?"

You paused for a moment, choosing your words carefully. You didn't want to disclose the identity of your new boyfriend. That wouldn't be any fun.

"Same as always. Kid stole the emerald, I cornered him on the roof, tried to arrest him and get him to spill his identity to me. He got away at the last second, but at least I got the emerald back."

"Did you return it?"

"Yeah."

Shinichi squinted his eyes and stared at you. Something about your words wasn't sitting right with him.

"...What is it, Shinichi?"

"You're lying, aren't you? There's more you aren't telling me."

You pretended to be irked and annoyed, trying to cover up the fact that he had unraveled the truth.

"What do you mean? I've told you everything that happened! I don't get what you're all caught up in, the entire heist processed as normal! Nothing stood out!"

He glared at you. "There's no use in covering up the truth, (y/n)! Just tell me what really happened!"

"I keep telling you, nothing out of the ordinary happened! You weren't even there; how would you know if something happened?"

"I'm your brother, I have a feeling, alright?!"

"That doesn't justify anything! That's not solid, concrete evidence!"

Your disagreement quickly escalated into a full-blown argument with raised voices.

"Just leave me alone!" you snap before you storm out the door and slam it shut, the doorframe rattling from the force of impact.

Climbing back into bed, you fume silently to yourself underneath the covers.

"Geez... who does Shinichi think he is?"