📢 love is war 📢 kuroba kaito x reader

Your alarm went off next to you, making you groan and fumble for it. You knocked something over in the process but managed to silence the annoying beeping.

Something warm wrapped around your waist shifted next to you in bed.

"Are you awake, Kaito?" you ask. Your boyfriend just groaned and buried himself beneath the covers.

"Five more minutes..."

You rolled over onto your side to see Kaito's messy mop of black hair. Brushing aside his bangs, you kissed his forehead, trailing a soft line of kisses down to the corner of his mouth.

"Wake up, Kuro-chan. We have school today."

He just groaned again.

"Screw school. I just wanna stay in bed and cuddle with you for the entire day, (y/n)."

You shook your head and tried to think of a way to coax him out of bed.

"Kaito, it's a Wednesday. All class periods are twenty minutes shorter, so we get to come home twenty minutes early. You can cuddle with me then."

"That won't do, (y/n)."

You were stumped now. Kaito rolled over onto his back next to you. You noticed his soft, pink lips that were slightly parted.

An idea popped into your mind.

Leaning over him, you quickly and fiercely kissed him on the lips. You felt him buck under you in surprise before kissing you back with just as much zeal.

You grinned into the kiss and sharply nipped his bottom lip, causing Kaito to yelp and pull away. He touched his bottom lip and looked at you, a challenge in his eyes.

"Oh, it's so on, (y/n)."

***

"Aoko, Aoko! I need you to take on a very important role!"

You waved your best friend over. The adorable, messy-haired brunette scurried over, carrying her mop as well.

"What is it then?"

You leaned in closer and dropped your voice to a whisper.

"Earlier this morning, Kaito and I agreed to a challenge. Each time one of us makes the other blush, they get a point. Whoever has the most points at the end of the day wins."

Aoko pulled away, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Does that mean I get to see some steamy romance between (y/n) and Kaito today~? How feisty!"

You gave her a noogie and glared at her, shushing her furiously.

"Keep it down!"

She snickered and waved an apology at you.

"So, you want me to be the scorekeeper?"

You nodded. Aoko whipped out a notepad and pen, snickering.

"Say no more. I'm on it."

The bell rang right at that moment. You slid back into your chair. Kaito appeared from the back of the classroom and slid into his seat in front of you. He spun around in his chair and smirked at you while the teacher was taking attendance.