🎩 improv by a prince and thief🎩 kuroba kaito x thief!reader

A/n: Based on the fifteenth episode of Magic Kaito 1412. Reader-chan is the phantom thief here while Kaito is just a boy who likes reader-chan's magic.

Requested by IceDream25.

Enjoy!

"Welcome to Japan, Prince Andreas! I hear you've brought prized paintings and jewels with you from the Duchy of Sabrina."

The blond prince nodded and smiled at the news crew that surrounded him. "Yes, I look forward to showing them to you all."

He closed his eyes and smirked, his voice a tone deeper now.

"Including Kaito Kid, of course."

The news crow let out a collective "ooh" just as the prince's cat leaped off his shoulder and ran off.

"Hey, somebody stop my Belmont!"

Inspector Nakamori turned around to face him. "Leave it to me!"

A sharp gunshot distracted him. Belmont yowled and fell onto his back and the whole crowd turned toward the sound.

A European-looking man wearing a light blue suit and sunglasses was standing there, holding a revolver in his left hand. He smirked arrogantly before waltzing over.

"Shouldn't have run away, Belmont," he said as he picked up the terrified-looking cat and walked over to return it to the prince.

"Are you alright, Inspector Nakamori?" asked an officer. He just let out a nervous grunt in response.

"Nakamori?" asked the European man after returning Belmont to the prince.

Inspector Nakamori stepped up and stood straighter. "I'm in charge of the prince's security. What makes you think you can do that?"

The man didn't answer his question, he just walked forward like he owned the place.

"Are you the one? The bumbling inspector who Kaito Kid runs circles around?"

Inspector Nakamori could see his reflection in the shiny lenses of the man's sunglasses. He bristled, defensive and agitated now.

"What was that? Who the hell are you?"

The man smirked and pulled his sunglasses off, looking at the inspector dead in the eye.

"Europe's number one detective. The name's Delon."

The inspector was at a loss for words. He did, however, hear the whispers behind him.

"Hey," whispered a news reporter. "I've heard of him. If it looks like the bad guy's gonna get away, he shoots 'em dead!"

"Europe's killer detective, Delon!" added the cameraman next to him.

Delon grabbed a microphone out of a reporter's hands and stared into the camera with an insane grin, pointing at the prince.

"Are you listening, Kaito Kid?! If you think you can take me on, then steal that jewel!"

He pointed to the diamond sitting on the prince's chest like a medallion.

The cameraman gasped behind Inspector Nakamori. "Th-that's Europe's biggest diamond! Lots of Sunshine in Paris!"

Delon turned away from the prince and to another camera. "Our own police force from Sabrina will handle security for the prince."

Inspector Nakamori slid in from the sidelines. "Are you trying to say Japan's police force can't be trusted?!"

Delon leaned in close, a shit-eating grin on his face. "You want me to trust the guys who let her slip through their fingers time and time again?"