✨paparazzi✨ kudo shinichi x reader

A/n: Ran is not Shinichi's childhood friend in this chapter.

"Mr. Kudo, was the culprit really the CEO of the company?"

"Mr. Kudo, could you spare a few minutes of your time to answer a couple of questions?"

"We are the crowd."

You silently watched from the crowd as Shinichi gave a few vague answers to their questions before walking off. He had just finished solving yet another murder involving the death of a potential heir of a company. Through the use of Shinichi's deductive reasoning, he was able to reveal the true culprit: the current CEO of the company.

"We're c-coming out."

You stood on your tippy-toes, hoping to get a glance of Shinichi. He barely looked your way, however.

"Got my flash on, it's true."

Sighing, you broke away from the crowd and began walking home, a melancholy feeling sinking into your heart.

"Need that picture of you."

Pulling out your phone, you stared at your wallpaper to soothe yourself.

It was a picture of you two from when you were kids. Your parents had forced you two into the picture, hence the displeased expressions on your childish faces. Shinichi had one eye on the camera and the other in the book he was reading at the time. You were glaring and pouting childishly at the camera.

"It's so magical."

You smiled bitterly at the sight of it. You had been friends ever since you were little, but ever since his skyrocket you fame, he had practically forgotten all about you, save for the polite nod or greeting in the hallways at school.

"We'd be so fantastical."

You subconsciously clenched your phone tighter. The edges dug into your hand, making you wince in pain.

"Leather and jeans."

You often wondered if you had done something to upset him. Was it because he thought it was lame to hang out with his childhood friend? Was it because he had more important priorities now?

You shook your head in anguish.

"Garage glamorous."

Where did we go wrong? you think despairingly. You two had always been close, a bit too close for childhood friends in some peoples' opinions, but that didn't matter.

But after you hit high school, it just... crumbled.

"Not sure what it means."

He used to spend all his free time with you. Talking about life and the future, playing soccer, reading Holmes together, and more. He even taught you a bit of violin.

"But this photo of us, it don't have a price."

Now, he was spending all his time with another girl: Ran, the captain of the school's karate club.