👗prom dress👗 saguru hakuba x reader

A/n: To the class of 2020, I'm really sorry that your final year of high school was practically canceled. Your prom and potentially your graduation. With that being said, I dedicate this chapter to you all.

Quick warning, this chapter does get real sad real quick. A word for the wise.

You sprint down the hall to the stand where they were selling tickets to the prom dance at breakneck speed.

"Aoko! Aoko!" you holler, waving your hands at your friend who was manning the stand. "Save a ticket for me!"

"I'm nearing the end of my fourth year."

You skidded to a stop in front of the stand, bending at your waist and taking deep, heaving breaths. Your explosive sprint had taxed your weak heart and you needed to recover.

Pulling out a wad of bills from your pocket, you hand them to Aoko. "One ticket, please."

Aoko fidgeted and didn't accept the money.

"Oh, (y/n), I'm so sorry. We sold out of tickets ten minutes ago. We were just cleaning up."

"I feel like I've been lacking, crying too many tears."

Your face fell. You had been looking forward to your senior prom for ages. You had already bought your dress and everything. And now, it was all for nothing?

"I see..." you mutter. "Thanks for telling me, Aoko."

You shuffled off, only to be stopped by Aoko furiously yanking your sleeve and dragging you back.

"Saguru's coming! Maybe he has a ticket he can lend you!"

You glared at her and flushed at the mention of your longtime crush's name.

"Everyone seemed to say it was so great."

"Act like you just found out we sold out of tickets," hissed Aoko as she took her place behind the table. Saguru walked closer. You cleared your throat and held out your money again.

"Hey, Aoko, can I get one ticket to prom?"

She shook her head sadly. "Sorry, (y/n). We sold out a few minutes ago and we're just cleaning up now."

You hung your head.

"Oh, I see. Thanks for telling me, Aoko."

"But did I miss out, was it a huge mistake?"

Your conversation caught Saguru's attention. He stared down at the spare ticket in his hand and made a decision right there and then on the spot.

"Hey, (y/n)! I have an extra ticket. Do you want to come to prom with me?"

You spin around, a bright smile on your face.

"Really? Are you sure you don't mind?"

He waved it off and handed you the ticket. "It would be my pleasure to go to prom with a lady as lovely as you. Plus, you save fifty dollars this way."

"I can't help the fact I like to be alone."

You slipped the ticket into your pocket and beamed at him.