love at first flight (part two)

sorry for not being able to come up w better title name for this one lol but there's part 2 to the previous story!
///

Four Years Later

can i take a rain check babe? im sorry i'm stuck in the studio

Ally's eyes droop as she reads the message.

She sighs as she looks in the mirror, seeing her beautiful reflection that she spent two hours working on. Six hours if you count the four hours she spent in the salon yesterday, getting her hair cut fairly short, then a mani-pedi. Just for today.

Her hair was perfectly curled; it looked so voluminous and fun. She spent an hour looking at YouTube videos for the perfect date night makeup look, and she perfected the look quickly. She even went for a look with his favorite lipstick of hers; a dark burgundy, matte lip.

The dress she wore was skintight, showing every inch and curve of her body. Under it, she even wore a lingerie set that she spent good money on.

Now, it's all useless.

Ally rolls her eyes. She's not gonna waste her time for nothing.

Don't expect me to be here when you get home
I'm going out with Kylee

It doesn't take him long to respond.

babe i really thought i'd have time but we're probably gonna be able to finish the album tonight
once i finish it, i'm all yours for a while

She knows that's a lie. Once they finish the album, it's going to be nothing but interviews, press, and a tour.

Sure

Ally leaves it at that so he can she's pissed. They've been planning this night for three weeks. He wasn't even supposed to go to the studio today, but he swore it was just for a couple hours.

Try an entire day.

Ally goes to her contact list and goes to Kylee's name. She puts the phone on her ear as it rings. Kylee answers after the firth ring.

She seems out of breath. "Um, Ally? What's... What's up? Isn't it your day off?"

Ally knows the tone of her raspy voice and laughs at her client and best friend. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Ky—"

"No, no, no, you're fine," she breaths out, shuffling around. "What's up?"

She chuckles. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go out tonight, but I didn't realize Zander was back in town. I'll let you guys continue with your activities—"

"No, we can go out tonight," she breathes out heavily, making Ally laugh harder. "He detoured to LA, but he's leaving in an hour, so let me get ready. Let's meet up at Benny's."

Ally laughs and they say their goodbyes. At least she can count on somebody.

They meet up at the lounge and Kylee whistles when she approaches Ally in a booth. Ally looks up and she grins, standing up and hugging her friend.

"Girl, you look smoking hot!" Kylee exclaims, checkings out her body in appreciation. "Some days you make me want to be a pescatarian, but then I go home for the holidays and my momma's famous ribs completely stops me."