surfer boy

word count: 10,736
this is long lol i hope yall don't want a second part because im tempted to write one. happy 2020; can't believe i'm still writing stories for a&a lol

"So... are you new to the beach?"

Ally looks up from sipping her smoothie and she isn't mad about the site she's seeing.

A tall, muscular blond boy stood in front of her, a surf board on his arm. He grins, showing his perfect white teeth while leaning on the cabana counter top.

"Why do you ask?" Ally responds, taking another sip out of her drink to contain her smile.

"Well, I've been here all my life, and with a literal population of two-hundred, I think I would've saw you before." He jokes, still sending her a smile that makes her ready to pounce on his face.

Their conversation is interrupted by the cabana barista greeting the boy and asking if he wants the usual, to which the hot blond nods and sends him a grin.

"You must be popular, huh?" Ally asks, gesturing to the employee knowing his favorite drink.

"Nah, I just come here everyday," he chuckling, climbing in the seat next to hers and putting his surf board on the side of him. "Besides, with an island this small, everyone knows everyone. There isn't really a 'popular' option."

"Well, surfer boy, I'm Ally," she introduces herself holding out her hand. He shakes it with a grin. "I'm only here for the summer with my sister. We're staying with my grandparents, John and Wylen."

"No way are you related to the Dawsons," surfer boy's eyes widen, a truly shocked look on his face. "Dude, your grandparents are loaded! Not to mention the fact that Wylen's diner literally has the best food! Have you tried your grandma's pancakes yet?"

Ally giggles at him. "Of course I have. Best on the planet. As for the loaded part, they're humble about it. They still send us socks and hats for Christmas."

His mango-strawberry-banana smoothie is placed on the top and the blond boy grins, slapping a ten his way. "Thanks, dude. Keep the change."

"You must be rich to tip eight dollars for a two-dollar smoothie," Ally points out and he laughs at this.

"Can't say my parents are as rich as your grandparents, but we own the surf shop down the beach. Good money when vacationers like yourself come and want to learn how to surf. I teach lessons there."

"Oh, so you really are a surfer boy."

He playfully rolls his eyes and looks her up and down, not even hiding the fact that he's checking her out. "Well, Ms. Tourist," he starts, making her laugh and push on him. "I'm Austin."

"Ally."

"I like that so much better than tourist," he jokes, making the both of them laugh. The surfer takes a sip of his smoothie, watching as she laughed at him.

He opens her mouth to speak once more, but they're interrupted by, who she presumes to be his friends, calling him back over to the water.

"Give me a sec!" He calls back.

The surfer boy goes from sipping the smoothie with his curly straw to placing the cup on his lips and swallowing it all down in five gulps.

"Someone's greedy,"

After he places the cup down and wipes his mouth, he nods his head back to his friends. "You surf?"

"Nah," Ally shakes her head with a shrug. "I've only been here a few times and I come from New York, so surfing hasn't really been an option."