her name was ally dawson

"

Her name was Ally Dawson. My best friend. Well, we called each other soulmates, but that is a false statement now, so she was my best friend. For her ever. What I just did there? She liked doing that with words. It was cute.

Anyway, we've been friends since Kindergarten; it's where we met. She was shy and cried the first day of school, so my mom made me go be friends with her. We colored together every day after and we always shared our lunches since our moms didn't want us eating school lunch. I'd always sneak an extra cookie for Ally, and she'd always give me her maple flavored crackers. I remember our first sleepover at my house. We made a fort with covers and somehow ended up out of it by morning. To this day, I still don't know how. But Ally gave me best friend bracelet from the dollar store. See? A dollar was a lot when we were younger, okay.

Ally and I were inseparable until, like, fourth grade. She got more friends and stuff, so did I. But we always talked and we'd have sleepovers still, but we just weren't connected by the hip. I remember six grade. Boy. Everyone thought Ally was my girlfriend. Thing was, I didn't mind because Ally was pretty and I sort of had a little crush on her. She did, though. Ally panicked a lot. She got mad at me for not being mad. I asked was there something so bad about people thinking we're together, and she looked at me as if I had two heads. That's the reason I never dated Ally. Because I can get any girl, and Ally Dawson is one that I wouldn't let myself have.

Ally had her awkward stage in eighth grade. Makeup out of place, hair crazy, voice squeaked. That's when the bullying started. I was always at her side, telling them off and shit. But she thought she was being a burden to me and pushed me away. I tried to tell her she was my best friend and I'd defend her no matter what, but she wouldn't listen and ignored me. So, I ignored her back. We played that game through high school. Fun.

The bullying got worse during freshmen year. I don't know why. She was gorgeous, but I suppose it was because she didn't speak to anyone. We were talking at the time really, and I didn't know if she wanted me back into her life, so I didn't step in. Well, at first. Some boy laid his hand on her book, which was a dairy, but all her life she's called it a book, so we went with that, and I completely went off on him. She told him to give it back, he threatened to rip it, so I stepped in. He wouldn't give it to me either, and being the quarterback of the school and Ally's former best friend, I punched him. He punched me back. We fought. I got a week's suspension and a ticket because he had a bloody... everything while I just had a bruise on my arm.

News got around that I got a suspension, and some rumor that I got expelled got bigger. Ally came to my house the day the rumor started. I opened the door and the first thing she did was give me a hug. I hugged her so tight. Man, you wouldn't understand. We stayed like that for minutes, until my mom pulled in the driveway. I didn't want her to bother us, so I just grabbed her hand and pulled her to my room. It was awkward at first, but we eased back into each other. We talked until it was like two in the morning. I remember waking up to her peaceful face in my lap.

Sophomore year rolled around, and so did the more bullying. No one had messed with Ally since the incident with the boy. But some new girl came to the school and constantly picked on her. Kira. Yeah, she would never leave her alone. I had constantly told her to fuck off, but she knew I wouldn't touch her physically, so that did nothing almost. I tried telling her cheer coach, the principal, even her parents once because that's how far it went on. But the only problem was, Ally wouldn't speak up, so they just took me as a source and did nothing about it. I told Ally to say something, but she wouldn't. Ally purposely came to school late just to avoid her, then she hid in classrooms at lunch to avoid her.

By time Sophomore year was over, Ally wasn't the same. She didn't talk as much, not even to me. All summer, she sat in her room. Not in her house; in her room. Her dad was always working, so I couldn't go to him, which meant she couldn't either. I stayed by her side; making sure she ate and drank and was there for comfort. I knew she was depressed by then, but I don't think she realized it. If she did, she'd refuse help. So I just stayed with her.

Junior year started. Ally looked so confident that year, every guy wanted her. Hell, I wanted her. But I knew it was all a game. She just wanted to find a way to get Kira to leave her alone. They were face to face one day, Kira opened her month, but before anything could leave it, Ally had already slammed her face into the locker and was stomping her face in. Suspension. Two weeks. Every girl feared her; every guy wanted her. I wanted to know what was wrong because she was not in her mindset. I know Ally, and Ally doesn't like violence.

She didn't get bullied that year, but she was alone. Well, I was by her side, but when am I not? I guess I was just a presence to her after some time went by. We didn't talk. Only, a 'hey', and a 'bye', some days. I asked her was she still my friend and I will never forget how she looked me directly in my eyes and said 'no'. That happened in February. We didn't talk until the next year, when we were Seniors.

After I left her side, it started again. No girl would leave her alone because their boyfriends wanted her. I watched a girl punch her dead in her mouth once. I wanted to do it back to her until I saw Ally's face; cold and unfazed. I thought she was going to fight back, but instead, she went over to some boy, that I can only assume it was the girl's boyfriend, and kissed him. I had never seen Ally kiss a boy. I mean, I was her first kiss on accident in middle school and I knew she's had boyfriends before, but it was just so out there. In front of a crowd. Ally didn't like crowds.

Come some months later, a video was sent to my phone by one of my friends, Jason. It said, 'dude, this is your friend ally'. I opened and watched the video. There were three guys and another girl with her; they were hard fucking. Since when did Ally get involved with shit like that, I don't know. But the same day, she ended up at my house. I yelled at her, asking was she out of her goddamn mind. She said yes, and kissed me. It wasn't sweet and soft; it wasn't something I imagined at all. I wanted to pull away because I knew she was crazed and out of it, but I couldn't. It was like I was addicted to her. That night, she took my virginity. Funny, if anything, I thought I'd take hers.

I remember being so tired. Somewhere in the night, she had whispered she loved me and kissed my forehead. I think I murmured it, too, but I'm not sure. But waking up, with her gone was the worse feeling ever. I opened my phone to call her, only to be met with a message that read: 'i love you austin moon. thank you.' And I was so confused. But then I got it. I understood.

I put on some clothes and got in my car and sped to her house. Police were on my tail, but I didn't care. I remember her door being locked, and all the power I built up to completely break the lock. The police were behind me, and even followed me into the house as I went to her room. The bullet that went into my back? It will never hurt as much as seeing my best friend, Ally, lying on that floor with her eyes wide open and pills all over the floor. She was dead. Ally killed herself.

"

Austin looks up at the crowd of people, all of them either crying or on the verge. He was crying, too, but he didn't care. He wanted justice for his friend and for everyone who wronged her to rot.

"I know this isn't my fault," he chuckles darkly, shaking his head as he continued to talk into the microphone. "But that is the story of why our valedictorian is not up here, giving her speech, and living the rest of her life. That is the reason of why I'm paralyzed, and probably will be for the rest of my fucking life. Stop asking dumb fucking questions. Why would she do that? Who let her do that? How'd he end up in a wheelchair? Did he do it? No! All of you fuckers did, and all of you fuckers who even whispered about her badly will be living in hell. I fucking promise you."

The room is almost silent as he wheels himself off the stage. He didn't wear his cap or gown to graduation. He didn't even feel like continuing his life, but he knows Ally would want him to, so that's what he's going to do. The only reason he came was to tell her story. He will make sure her story is told to everyone in his passing, too.

Ally will always be his best friend, and she will get the best justice.

////

this is a little something different but i hope you all liked it! it only took a few hours though lol