Life of Love

This was actually pretty easy to write and quick too.

◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆

Laura walks in her boyfriend's apartment. She's still in her pajamas but she has to babysit his daughter since he has a job interview. She doesn't mind watching little Sophie but it's 7 o'clock in the morning and the little girl is always hyper.

The first thing she sees is a blonde man, hopping around in his underwear, putting on his pants.

She giggles to herself. He turns around and sees her. "Good morning to you too, dude." Ross says and comes over to peck her lips.

Laura smiles and wraps arms around his neck. "Good morning," and she hops, wrapping her tiny legs around his waist. He grasps her thighs. "That's better."

He chuckles and kisses her lips once more before setting her down. "I don't really have time for that right. I'd rather not go to a job interview with a boner and smeared lip gloss on my lips."

Laura laughs. "Fine but you have a promise me a date. We haven't been on one in like two months."

"I was planning to take you out on Friday."

"Good. Now where's that little girl of yours?" Laura asks looking around.

"She's sick and sleeping but when she wakes up, the coughing medicine is on the coffee table and, if you could, make her an all fiber breakfast." Ross says, putting on his shoe.

"I got it Ross. I've watched her millions of times." She says, fixing his tie.

He smiles down at her. "I can't wait until you're a mother with our own child."

She looks up at him and bites her lip. "It's taking me a lot of courage not push you on the couch and kiss you."

He smiles and pecks her lips once more and leaves.

"Daddy, where's-" a little voice says sleepily. But it's turns into a squeal. "Laura!"

The little 3 year old runs into the 22 year old's arms. "Hi, Sophie!"

The little girl sneezes and Laura puts her down. "Where's daddy?"

"Daddy went somewhere important."

"Okay," the little girl says and wipes her nose. "My nose is stuffed with snot."

Laura giggles and walks to the little girl to her high chair. "Daddy says to feed you fiber,"

Sophie frowns.

"But then again, pancakes are really good."

The little girl claps her hands. "Pancakes!"

Laura giggles once again and kisses the little girl's head. "Don't tell daddy."

The blonde girl pretends to zip her lips.

○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ●

Laura laughs and picks the girl up into her arms. "I'm going to pack you inside a box if you don't help me fold clothes."

Sophie squirms out of her arms and falls on the bed. "Why are you packing? Are you leaving me and daddy?" Asks the blonde.

Laura shakes her head and tosses a bra into her suitcase. "Your daddy asked me to move in with you guys and I said yes. I'll never leave you, pumpkin."

Sophie smiles and asks another question l, "Will you be my mommy one day?"

Laura freezes. She wasn't expecting that. She would think the first awkward question a little girl would ask is, "Where do babies come from?" Not asking her to be someone's mom.