age gap (part two)

"Babe, I need you to be at my apartment by seven," Ally sighs in a hurry as she grocery shopped for dinner. "On the dot. Well, not on the dot, but you know."

Austin chuckles on the other line of the phone. "I'll try. The office is pretty busy today, but I'll push through."

"Can you skip your lunch to get off early?" Ally pleads, reading the label on the tomato sauce jar.

"...Als. What's so important that I need to get to your place before eight, like I usually do? I can request to leave now if something is wrong."

"Nothing. It's just, you know, I want to talk and you always get here too late to have dinner with me."

She can him sigh before he says, "Alright. I'll make it there on time. 7:15, at worst for you."

Ally grins to herself and tells her boyfriend she loves him before hanging up the phone and continuing shopping for dinner.

As the evening comes around, Austin makes it to her apartment at 6:39, way earlier than Ally expected. She's taking garlic bread out of the over when someone smacks her ass, making her nearly drop the bread and burn herself.

Austin had his own key to her apartment, since he was always here. She had one to his apartment as well. They lived a good distance away, though they were both in San Francisco. Still, unless their days were just extremely busy, they always found themselves in each other's apartment.

"Austin!" She exclaims as she places the hot tray on the counter. Ally glares at him, to which Austin just smiles and leans down to kiss her lips for a brief moment.

"You don't get to guilt me into missing my lunch, then expect me to feel bad about scaring you," he chuckles, throwing an arm around her waist as he looked at the food. "Ooo, you made pasta and homemade garlic bread? What's happening tonight?"

"I told you, I want to talk about something," Ally says with a quick smile as she pulled off her gloves. "I made food to put you in a good mood."

"I know you didn't cook homemade bread to break up with me," he chuckles as he moves from her side to lean against the counter to look at her. "So... spill."

Ally bites her lips and slightly shrugs as she says, "Well, you know... we've been together for two years and stuff... we're always at each other's place and it's getting a bit of a hassle to see each other everyday, so I was wondering... um, if you wanted to move in together?"

Austin sighs and looks down, avoiding her gaze. "I love you, Als, but we talked about this."

Ally frowns at him. Ally comes closer to her boyfriend. "Austin, we literally sleep at each other's place every night, whether we have work or not. The traffic plus having to wake up early everyday could literally be avoided."

Austin looks at his girlfriend and sighs. "Look, Als, I've shared an apartment with two ex-girlfriends before. It literally ruined our relationship... I mean, I'm thankful for that because now I have you, but... I don't want us to end up like that. I wanna be with you forever, Als."

Ally's cheeks blush. She reaches up and hold his face in her hands. "Well, if you want to be with me forever, you're going to have to take the next step with me. We can be married and not live together, so why not start now? It'll even save us a lot of money, so we can even rent out a house if we don't want to do another apartment."

Austin bites his lip. He gives her a look over before his eyes come back to her glowing face. Ally smiles up at him as she adds, "Remember when we stayed together for the summer after you graduated? That was nice, wasn't it? I'll even make you pancakes even morning like I used to."