Starry Nights - Rogue Cheney x Reader [FT]

Rogue x Reader

Reader POV

I was sitting on the roof of the Sabertooth guild, staring at the night sky. I frowned. The stars were too bright to fit my mood. I tried to hold back my tears but it was no use.

Today was the day when my old guild was destroyed by an evil guild. I was the only survivor of the attack. It has been 2 years since I joined Sabertooth. Yes, I feel at home here, but I missed my old guild too.

I looked up at the many stars in the night sky and let my tears fall. They dotted the rooftop, staining it dark gray. What wizard runs away from their fears? We were supposed to face them, and stand up to them.

"Coward." I whispered, kicking a loose piece of rock off the roof. Then, I burst into tears again.

--

Rogue POV

Someone was crying.

Most of the guild members had gone home for the evening, but Frosch and I were still sticking around. I used my good hearing to try to find the source of the crying.

"Frosch, please stay here. I will be right back." I told my little exceed. I tracked to the soft crying to the roof of the guild. I walked up into the roof and saw (y/n) sitting at the edge of the roof, crying.

"(y/n)?" I whispered, taking a step closer to her.

She turned around, her face streaked with tears. "Oh. It's just you, Rogue."

I walked over and sat beside her, not really knowing what to do. "Why...why are you crying?"

She looked startled, and hurriedly wiped her eyes. "N-No reason! I just have a cold, that's all."

Well, now I know she's a bad liar.

"(y/n), what's wrong?" I repeated, a little firmer this time.

"I told you, it's nothing!" she argued.

"Stop lying!" I grabbed her wrists. "You were crying! I just want to help you, that's all!"

She stared at me, frozen. I immediately let go of her hands, shocked that I had bursted out like that. I had always liked (y/n) and I was really worried for her.

I looked down on the roof and said, "I'm sorry (y/n), I'm just really worried about you, okay?" I looked to (y/n) who was staring at me, her eyes wide as saucers.

"I-It's okay..." she said as she looked back into the starry sky. I decided to keep quiet, since making it awkward was the last thing on my list.

"Today is the day my old guild was destroyed. I never told any of you guys because I wanted to forget about my old guild but..." Tears started to leak from (y/n)'s eyes but she continued. "The f-fact that I-I was the o-only one who survived..."

(Y/n) couldn't take it anymore. She started to cry, and I immediately hugged her and let her sob into my cloak. Her face was stained by tears and tears rolled down her cheeks.

After a few minutes of crying, (y/n) stopped and fell asleep in my arms.
"(Y/n), next time anything makes you sad, you can tell me." I whispered, stroking her (h/c) hair.

A smile curled up on her lips and she yawned and snuggled deeper into my arms, the stars twinkling over our heads.