Overprotective - Rogue x Reader [FT]

(Y/n) POV

I looked around the Fairytail guild for Gajeel. Good, he isn't back from his job yet. I silently crept out of the guild and walked to the Sabertooth guild.

I was going to see Rogue, my boyfriend. If Rogue was my boyfriend, then why would I be sneaking out of the Fairytail guild? Easy. Gajeel was my older brother and he didn't know about Rogue and me.

The only people who knew about us were Juvia, Wendy, Lucy and Levy. They promised me that they wouldn't tell anyone about Rogue. I don't know when I will tell Gajeel about Rogue.

I'm scared to see Gajeel's reaction because he looks intimidating and can act intimidating but he is actually really nice. The only thing is that Gajeel is very protective of me. I wasn't like Gajeel, strong and intimidating. I was actually quiet different.

I had long (h/c) hair, big (e/c) eyes, and I was a little short. I was like Levy a little. I was also a strong dragon slayer like Gajeel.

I sighed as I finally made it to the Sabertooth guild. I walked in and was greeted by Sting. "Hey (y/n)! Are you looking for Rogue?"

"Yeah, have you seen him?" I asked.

"Um, yeah, he's over by the request board with Frosch." Sting replied smiling. The Sabertooth guild also knew about Rogue and I and was cool with it. I could walk in anytime and be welcomed like I was a member of Sabertooth.

I thanked Sting and ran over to Rogue and hugged him behind. "Didya miss me?" I asked while still hugging Rogue. He turned around and I let go while Frosch jumped into my arms and giggled.

"Hey (y/n)" he said while smiling, "Do you want to go on a walk to the park?" I asked.

"Sure, why not?"

Rogue took my left hand and Frosch held on to my right hand as we walked out of the guild like a real family.

We walked around for a while, got some ice cream and sat under a tree. Frosch sat on my lap while Rogue had his arm around my waist.

It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. I stared at the clear blue sky and sighed. "Hey Rogue, don't you wish that we could be a real couple... you know, without having to keep it a secret?" I asked.

"Yeah, but don't forget about Gajeel. He might not accept me and he is very, very protective of you." replied Rogue. I sighed again, thinking of Gajeel's expression if he knew what I was doing right now.

I leaned on Rogue and started to fall asleep. Right before I fell asleep, I felt Frosch curl up in my lap and Rogue chuckle a bit.

Gajeel POV

I walked back to the Fairytail guild with Pantherlily. We had just beat the crap out of some monsters and gotten a reward of 500,000 jewel.

When I got back to the guild, I looked around for (Y/n) but I couldn't find her. "Oi, Pipsqueak!" I called to Levy, "have you seen (y/n)?"

"First of all, MY NAME IS LEVY!" Levy glowered at me. "And second, I haven't even her. I think she went out for a while." said Levy. I nodded and when back out of the guild to look for (y/n).

I walked to the park where (y/n) is most likely at. I walked around the big park and looked for (y/n).

Then under a tree I saw (y/n) sleep... WITH ROGUE NEXT TO HER!!! I couldn't believe it. (Y/n) was secretly dating a guy behind my back!

I stomped up to Rogue who was reading a book. "What's going on here?" I snarled.

Rogue looked up with a surprised face and I couldn't take it anymore. (Y/n) was leaning on him and sleeping! Who knows what he could of done to her?!

Rogue gently pushed (Y/n) off him and laid her on the grass. He then stood up to face me. "Are you dating my little sister?" My voice was raising in anger.

I was gonna take out this guy. no matter what. "Uh...well yes, I'm dating (y/n). So what?" Rogue responded calmly.

"No one dates (y/n) without my permission." I growled. I launched myself at Rogue and grabbed him by the collar.

I raised him off the ground until I heard someone scream, "STOP!"

(Y/n) POV

I woke up to sounds of yelling and lots of noise. I slowly rubbed my eyes to see Gajeel holding Rogue by the collar?! "STOP!" I yelled at them.

Gajeel and Rogue both turned to me. "Gajeel, don't hurt him," I begged. Tears started to roll down my face. I didn't want anybody to get hurt but I was also mad at Gajeel for ruining everything.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE DATING THIS GUY!?" He roared.

I flinched but responded, "I WAS AFRAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN! YOU'RE SO OVERPROTECTIVE AND I HATE IT! CAN'T YOU LET ME HAVE MY OWN FREEDOM?!"

Gajeel looked stunned. I couldn't take it anymore. I started cry harder, tears flowing down my face. I turned and started to sprint away, rubbing my eyes furiously.

Stupid Gajeel...

Gajeel POV

I watched (Y/n) run away with tears streaming down her face. I let Rogue go and sat down. Did I really cause her to cry? I put my face into my hands. Maybe I should let (y/n) have more freedom, but I'm just so worried she will get hurt.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Rogue. "Maybe you wanna apologize..." said Rogue. No, really?! "I'll come with you, if you want."

Maybe this guy isn't so bad after all.I nodded and walked with Rogue to my house. I opened the door and I pointed to Rogue where (y/n)'s room is. I knew she wouldn't want to talk to me yet so I let Rogue talk to her first.

He opened the door and the closed it behind him. After a few minutes, (y/n) came out with Rogue. She was avoiding my gaze. "Oi, (y/n)?" I asked.

"What?" She spat out.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to ruin everything for you, it's just that I'm so worried about you and I don't want you to get hurt" I explained. "I understand if you want to beat me up right now but-"

I was cut off by (y/n) hugging me. "It's okay, Gajeel. I understand, just don't do that again?"

I hugged her back and said, "Okay, and I'm cool with you dating Rogue. He's not bad."

Her eyes widened as she ran to Rogue and jumped up, hugging him too. I smiled, "Well, it's time for me to go, I promised Levy to help her with something. Bye, (y/n), bye Rogue." I said as I walked out, feeling better.

(Y/n) POV

"I can't believe it! He let us date!" I squealed.

"Yeah! Wanna watch a movie?" asked Rogue

"Sure!" I felt like a ton of weight was lifted off my shoulder after today.

Gajeel POV

When I got back home after helping Levy, I found (y/n) and rogue both cuddled together, sleeping on the couch. I smiled. Yeah, I had to admit it, this was pretty cute.