Nishinoya Yuu x Reader - One More [Haikyuu!!]

hi guys! this is mitty's first time writing here! let's give this a shot!

-

Sunlight gently caressed the gym floor, the screeches of sneakers and the smell of mops and sweat filled the room. The volleyball team was hard at work, sweat dripping down their chins, arms red and bruised, their shirts sticking to their muscled chests and their legs sweeping across the floor in great motions.

You laid back against the wall, Kiyoko watching them with her usual stoic stare, and kept glancing up occasionally from your piles of homework to look at him.

Noya-kun, you meant.

He was your second year seat-mate, whom you held after school study sessions with, considering your teacher this year is super strict. You were super vigorous when it came to studying, but he was so slack about it when it came to volleyball. Of course, you didn't mind, since it wasn't your grades suffering, but you did mind when he dragged you to his practices.

"One more!" You heard him scream out. You perked up from your textbook, and saw him dive after the ball that had just been blocked after Asahi had spiked it.

He didn't get it.

"Again!"

"Once more."

Your eyes widened when he began rubbing his sore wrists. It was 7 already. The club should have left by now. Did he really want to keep going on? Kiyoko smiled and looked down at you. "Noya-kun is amazing, isn't he?" You nodded.

"Alright, let's take a break!"

You squeaked and peered down at your work again, pen scribbling furiously against the worksheet. Noya had started to walk over to you, and your eyes began to roam over your paper furiously.

"[f/n]"

"...and then you apply x to y..."

"[f/n].."

"...then carry this over and graph that..."

"[f/n]!"

"...then you switch this and rotate that..."

"[F/N]!"

You yelped as Noya glared at you, a towel draped over his shoulders and a water bottle in his hand. His shirt clung to his chest, sweat trickling down his face. His large amber eyes gazed at you intently.

"We're playing one more game. Stick around, okay?"

"...okay..."

He grinned and patted your head. You looked back down and began to scribble faster, going back to muttering into your notes. He sighed and went back to the court. Suga and Tanaka pulled him aside.

"Oi, oi, what're you playing at?" Tanaka muttered.

"What?" Noya questioned.

"We know you two are going to go out sooner or later, so hurry up and start flirting!" Suga hissed. Noya let out a hearty laugh, making everyone in the gym turn heads.

"Okay, okay, after the game then!"

-

Noya's team ended up losing. You saw him laughing it out, but a dull glint shined in his eyes. You continued to finish up your essay. You then felt a hand tap your arm. You looked up to see Suga and Tanaka smiling at you.

"Hi..."

-

"[f/n]! You're so cute when you study like this!"

"Kyaaah! You're so pretty when you're irritated! Oh look, you're so red!"

Noya peeked out of the gym closet and literally snapped his broom in half upon seeing Tanaka and Suga flirting with you, and they were touching your arms, making you visibly cringe. The reminiscent crack made them twitch and slowly turn around to see a glowering Noya towering (somehow, considering his height) over them.

"Oi, shithead bastards, get your asses out before I shove these broomsticks where the sun ain't shining."

Tanaka and Suga screeched and ran away. Considering they were older, this was very funny.

"If they do that one more time..."

You let out a small laugh. It was quiet, but Noya noticed. He blushed. He never heard you laugh. Let alone he saw you smile. You always came off as aloof to him. You looked up at him and coughed. You stood up and brushed off your skirt. "I'm heading out--"

"Let me walk you home!"

You blinked. "O-Okay."

Walking in silence, Noya trailed next to you, whistling and bobbing up and down. You felt a little uncomfortable. Were you walking weirdly? Were you being too quiet? Should you talk? What--

"[f/n]."

You stopped and turned around, then to be suddenly pulled into the embrace of warm arms. You were short. Being only 150 cm, he was a towering giant to you. He snuggled into the crook of your neck and muttered, his breath tickling your hair, "Don't flirt with those guys, [f/n]."

Your heart quickened. Oh my God, he's jealous.. Oh my God.. he likes me [ur not dense guys so--]"

"[f/n], I like you."

I called that shit.

"U-Um, Noya-kun, I r-really don't know how to r-respond."

"How about like this?" Noya gently placed a small peck upon your chin, your heart fluttering. He grinned. "There you go, revenge for letting those guys touch you!"

You blushed and touched your chin. "N-Noya...?"

"Hm?"

"C-Can you do it one more time? O-O-On the l-lips though?" You burst in a wave of embarrassment and heat. Noya gave you a small smile and pressed his lips to your mouth.

After pulling away he took your hand and whispered, "I'll always do it one more time for you."

pffft-- how did you like mitt's writing ouo