Beginnings

Who knew moving into a dorm apartment could be so much trouble!!! I'm starting to think Gabe's nickname may ring with some truth. Which kinda stings a little. I don't want to just be trouble for everyone.

Since my enrollment was so late I ended up having to share a five bedroom apartment. I'm excited. I've never had friends before the boys. But they know Max and Marie so they have to be nice to me.

I haven't met the girls yet but hopefully we will be friends. They'd already chosen their rooms and met each other six weeks ago.

There are five rooms total in this apartment and the empty one is the furthest away from the others right off the kitchen and living room area. I'm so relieved that I will have a space all my own away from the others so I won't always be waiting for someone to burst into my room. Maybe it will help me feel more comfortable here among strangers. Keep the flashbacks at bay.

"This is Sh^t! Sang, please! How could you possibly be okay staying here. This place is tiny and they can't design worth sh^t! I thought you said your Dad had money! Couldn't he bribe or pay off someone for a better room or even your own suite. I mean where are your cousins staying? I bet they don't have to share a tiny apartment with four strangers. Stay in a tiny room with the ugliest decor I've seen this century. I mean seriously do they ever update? This is suppose to be a prestigious prep school."

Glancing over at Gabe pacing around the room I see that Max is definitely regretting giving his consent for Gabe to come help me get settled.  His face is scrunched up in a new expression. A mix between anger, annoyance and frustration. "Gabe! This is what Sang asked for. A normal experience. We're lucky we even got this. The other roommate backed out last minute. It's actually a little confusing how that happened..." Max's eyes widen slightly before he clears his throat. "Sergio? Wanna help me get Sang's last two boxes?"

Quietly I continue to place things around the desk in the corner. The room is small by their standards but I don't think they realized I was actually living in the attic space for the better part of 3 years. This is more space than I know what to do with. Had Gabe not brought clothes for my closet I wouldn't have even filled that up. The small dresser still has plenty of empty drawers and I've already unpacked all of my clothes. Not to mention the storage around the bottom of the bed. What am I going to do with all this empty space? Do I really have that little? I can't even imagine having so much stuff and no where to put it like others talk about. Will I be that noticeably different to others? All I've ever owned can fit in a duffel bag, my backpack and a handful of boxes. Thinking about her is hurting my head and my heart. She's stolen so much from me already.

"Trouble," Gabe says in a small voice as he timidly sits down on the bed. "I lost you"  Looking up confused  I meet his eyes and they're so sad. "Where'd you just go? I didn't mean to offend your choice. I know you want this. I'm just going to miss you."

"I'm going to miss you too Gabe. I was just thinking that this is small to all of you but it's actually more space than I know what to do with."

Gabe's expression hardened, "Sang." Closing his eyes he leans his head back and takes several deep breaths. "I really want to kill her. For everything before and all the sh^t she put you through but mostly because there so much you've missed out on and you even don't know." He scrubs his right  hand down his face very hard leaving marks and tightly fists his left hand on his leg to the point it turns deep red.

I move quietly and sit beside him. Slipping my arm through his I loosen his left fist and intertwine our fingers laying my head on his shoulder. I don't have to wait even a second before he lays his right hand over our intertwined ones so that I can cover that it with my other hand.