Missing

Max POV

Life sucks and Fate is a bitch.

Sang went missing at 2:00 pm. We've spent the last 4 hours running down every dead end lead and sketchy CI (confidential informant) we could manage.

Nothing. We've come up with nothing.

We know with all certainty that the PRTS have her. Vic and Corey pulled up every camera from the hospital to the proximity of their home base location. We watched Sergio Sokolov, son of Yuric and Valeriya and grandson of Timur (the youngest of the founding sons of PRTS), walk out with Sang as if they were going to the fucking mall. We watched as Sergio and the other guy went straight to Sang's room. We watched helplessly as she was rolled out of her room, down the hall and eventually out the hospital to a huge fucking Black Yukon. My fists tightened, my stomach rolled in rebellion as they loaded Sang into the Yukon and drove away. There was absolutely no resistance from anyone.

Anger festered under my skin ready to break out as we watched to nurse walk back to the hospital not glancing back once. Of course it was kind of hard to put up any resistance when the new charge nurse was just a temp and not of the Academy.

Dr. Roberts and Sean explained after the fact that Kota's mom was filling in as the head nurse right now. After the Academy assigned one took a sudden maternity leave and they couldn't find anyone on such short notice. Kota's mom is in the dark about the Academy and has no idea the range of the Academy. She believe that her son goes to a private school meant to challenge his intellectual skills and abilities. She would have no idea that she was supposed to overlook a patients misdocumented discharge papers or that the discharge process was supposed to be extended over several hours for this particular patient. She wouldn't have known to question a few strange people coming to pick the patient up. She wouldn't have known to questions why the people were unfamiliar faces and the danger they posed. She wouldn't have known anything to do in that situation!!! Hence our MISSING Sang. She in all truths did nothing wrong because she had nothing to do with the patient's care during her stay. She had no idea how important the patient was or why she was left unattended for so very long. Sang being herself would never question anyone...she had been conditioned to say nothing, question nothing and wait patiently and quietly. I hate that I didn't even realize what this morning would have been like for her. 

She would have been waiting in that room. Quietly hurting and not questioning anything because if she would have before she would have had to suffer consequences. Her body had been beaten and cut up...it wouldn't have taken anymore abuse. We left her alone and in pain with nothing else to do but wonder what was happening or going on. Wonder why we left and hadn't come back or checked-in. 

I've watch the hospital feed a million times trying to see something different than what is actually there. I want the look on Sang's face to change, to be fake. I don't want to recognize the defeated hopeless lonely look that dominates her stoic expression. There are no words that can make that look better. That look tells me everything I need to know. 

I failed. 

I failed to help Sang and to keep her safe. I failed at breaking through her walls and making sure that she knew I wouldn't abandon her. 

She's gone. 

I have no idea if she's safe or if she's going to be a pawn in the PRTS grand scheme of things. 

I don't know what lies they will tell her. 

I don't know if she'll believe them or not. 

I am never not in control. I am never reckless. I am never lost.