Chapter 11- Inner-self

I'm not sure what exactly just happened. Did I black out from the hurl of magic or, am I dead? I mean, the last thing I remember was saying something and then, I ended up here. Was mother and father alive or not? Is this just all a cruel birthday joke? How can I easily let my families get hurt so easily? Did I just broke my promise? So many questions, but no answers. It wasn't surprising I was in this place again. Every time I'm not conscious, I end up here. I'm really confused, am I stuck here forever? In this eternal darkness? Well, at least if I died, I still was able to protect some of my siblings. I'm still ashamed that I couldn't, just couldn't protect my parents. Tears were streaming down my face now that I started thinking about how they could be dead by now.

"Confused?" a voice said. "Who are you?!" I said, preparing for whatever is to come. "Don't worry, I'm not a threat." the voice said calmly. For some reason, I eased a bit. "And I'm trusting you because?" I asked. "Well, because.." the voice said before a hooded figure came into view. "Because?" I asked, taking a step back. "Because I am you." the figure said before pulling down their hood. Revealing their blue hair, ocean blue eyes, and pale skin. I was in utter shock. As confused and shocked I am, I wanted to know more.

"How?" was all that came out of my mouth. "You see, I'm your inner self. The part you've been hiding. We've spoken before, but you don't remember." the figu- er, my twin said. "What is so different about the two of us then?" I asked. "Well, to start, you're not any ordinary princess. It's sudden, but, you have abilities." my twin said. I was shocked, I mean, who wouldn't be. "Is that bad?" I asked. "It's not bad, depending on what you use your ability on." she said. "Well, if you are me, then, are you from a different time paradox or?" I asked. "Technically, you are my descendent-ish. It's a hard process to explain." she said.

"Where do I start? Well, we are the same person, from different time paradox. I'm dead really. You are my other half. So, I live as a consciousness inside you. Or known as your inner self. The part you wish you were but you can't be." my twin explained. "What is your name exactly then?" I asked, I don't know why. "I suppose it is hard, we have the same names. But to make life easier for you, my nickname is Kat." my twin said. "Alright Kat, umm... well, how exactly did you die?" I asked. There was silent. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude!" I said quickly. "No no, it's fine. I died because I sacrificed myself." Kat said. "Sacrificed yourself for what?" I asked. "For my siblings." Kat said with a faint smile.

"Wait. Why? What happened?" I asked. "It's a long story. But things just weren't the best, and to make it better, someone has to make a huge sacrifice. No one wanted to do it, so, I secretly did." Kat said. I noticed how her smile was a fake one. "Cheer up, you died a hero, just know that. Also, fake smiling won't work on me, I would know." I said. I've fake smiled so many times, it sometimes is a habit and sometimes I can tell when others are doing it. "Right, I forgot, we are almost the same person." Kat said with a genuine laugh now.

"What exact powers do I have?" I asked. "Well, to start, you have 1 main power, and that is to make things with your imagination. Not everything, but most things. Some are harder to make than others. Then, you have side powers. They are kind of like magic. When it comes to magic, anything can happen. As long as you stretch the energy and grasp it right, you will be able to use it." Kat said. "That's really cool!" I said. "It is, until when everyone starts calling you a monster for being different." Kat mumbled. "What?" I asked, not sure of what she said. "Oh nothing." Kat said.

"How do I summon magic then?" I asked. "Well, you have to concentrate in the beginning. When you get the hang of it, it'll become easier. To start with a simple one, fireballs." Kat said. "You can summon a fireball by imagining have a wave of energy. Then heating it up with fire. Connect them together and feel the energy within your palm and blast it at wherever you set eyes on. Try it if you'd like." Kat said.

I followed the instructions. I imagined a piece of wood, just sitting there, merged with fire, but instead, the fire was blue and fierce some. I opened my eyes and felt it in my hands, swirling up. I looked at my hand and two blue hurl of magic is on it. I locked eyes on the dark mist and commanded the magic there. The fireball quickly left my palm and slid into the eternal darkness.

"Nice job. I couldn't hurl a blue one until 6 months of practice!" Kat said clapping. "Thanks. This is really cool." I said. Then something struck me. "Am I dead too?" I asked. "Huh? No! You are still alive, just in a sleep, in your conscious. I then realized how worried my siblings would be by now. "How can I wake up?" I asked. "Well, I'll send you to wake up right after you listen to this." Kat said. "Alright." I said.

"Sometimes, what you dreamt of your whole life doesn't come true. Sometimes, you have to accept reality. But sometimes, you can choose to rebel. Sometimes, you have to make choices and sacrifice." Kat said. "What do you mean?" I asked and when I looked at where she once stood, she was gone. "Funneh! Don't scare me!" another voice said crying. Huh? Who was it. "Please stay with me, we need you." another voice said. "Please, wake up..."

Word Count-1033