[Chapter Fourteen]

Start from the beginning

What is up with the nice guy attitude today? I looked at Alexis and I could tell she was thinking the same thing, but unlike me, she chose to voice her opinions

“Did you get laid?” she asked, cocking her head to the side like looking at him that way would make her understand.

“No, why?” He did the same, studying her

“You’re being nice” she stated

“Am I not allowed to be?” he asked her, it was amusing to watch actually.

“I’ve only ever seen you be nice to Arianna.” She smiled and his smile wavered a bit

“Time to go to my seat” he mumbled and walked away, he was a strange boy indeed.

“I like him today.” she said and I shrugged

                You okay?

                Yeah, why?

                You’re acting weird, he always makes you weird

                No shit, I’m still freaking out about how I’m going to tell him.

                Right. Sorry.

                Though you’re threat of no kids for him makes no sense, by the way.

                Why?

                Really Lex, does my kid not have a father?

I passed the note back to her and she smiled sheepishly at me and I shook my head at her to which she stuck her tongue out

“Real mature” I whispered and she laughed lightly before we focused back on class.

The rest of the day passed quickly, photography was uneventful, we had to do a project and presentations were today. I did mine the class before with a couple other people so I sat back and listened and worked on some other homework throughout class.

After school I went to find Alexis before she left and I found her by my car that we had taken to school today, I forgot about my appointment and my mom was coming to pick me up so she could go with me.

“Lex, I need you to do me a favor and go to the orphanage and let Mason know he’ll be starting Thursday, pretty please.” I needed to let him know but I had next to no time to go over there.

“Why don’t you?” she asked suspiciously as she crossed her arms  

“Because I have a doctor’s appointment and you want to see him” I teased, she thought he was cute and I think she was developing a small crush.

“Fine, fine.” She said held out her hand for my keys and I hugged her and handed them over

“Thank you”

“Yeah, I’ll see you later, bring pictures.” She yelled as I headed across the parking lot, I gave her a thumbs up and went to meet my mom at her car and we drove to the appointment. We only had to wait a little bit before we were taken back to the room.

I was freaking out about this, this was my first appointment and I didn’t know what to expect, after this it will be the next step in being real. Right now I knew it was happening but I hadn’t wrapped my head around it fully quite yet.

She had me get up on the table and told me to lift my shirt.

“How far do you think you are?” She asked