31. Bolted Doors

I opened the door to my dorm and walked inside. I turned and locked the doors shortly after shutting it. I put my ear gently against the door and stayed silent for any rusting-lings or noises, before putting my eye up to the peephole and scanning the outside several times. I set my keys and bag on the counter before scanning my house. I looked over the living room, then peeked into the kitchen. I circled the dining table before going over the couch. I peeked out the large side window before shutting the curtains tightly.  I strode to the back of the dorm and went into my room, I pulled the door towards myself and looked behind it. I turned facing my bed before dropping to knees and tilting my head down searching under the bed. I got up and walked into my bathroom turning on the lights and immediately snatching the curtains back to find it empty like the previous places I'd been searching before. I came out shutting the light off behind me and turning into the guest bedroom switching the light on as well in there before scanning the room. I looked behind the door, then under the bed, and lastly inside the closet. I walked out of the room into the guest bathroom and repeated the process. I swept the house once more, walking back into the living room and peeking through the curtains then going back to check the front door was locked-- it was. 

     I grabbed my bag and pulled out a plastic bag before emptying the following contents on the counter: deadbolt, electric screwdriver, compact-knife, SD card, and a chocolate bar. I ripped open the chocolate bar first before taking a half-chunk bite of it and exhaling. I picked up the bolt and cut the outside packaging with the compact-knife. I opened the box with the electric screwdriver and turned it on, then grabbed some screws. I walked over to my door and placed the bolt eye level to the peephole. I held it up and turned in the first screw with my hand before putting on the screwdriver and screwing the first screw in. I did the same with the next three screws before slamming the bolt through its latch and bolting my door locked. I turned off the driver and placed it on the counter. 

     I turned to the couch and walked over picking up my laptop. I pulled my phone charger from the outlet next to the couch and took off the end going into the wall. I walked back over to the counter and pushed all the trash out the way, except the candy bar. I picked it back up taking another bite. I set down my laptop and pulled my phone from my pocket. I pushed in the ends of the cord into its right devices and waited for my laptop to come on. I waited for the screen to load then entered my four-digit passcode. I opened my phone files on my computer and quickly went to 'messages'. I clicked on Ashton's name and took screenshots of the conversations between us on his actual number and ones from the burner. I saved all the screenshots and placed them into a file labeled 'four months". I grabbed the letters I collected and saved from Tanner and took pictures of them on my phone. I instantly uploaded the pictures and saved those into the same file. I zipped the files and opened the packaged blue SD card. I stuck into the side slot of my laptop and transferred the zipped file onto the card. I closed all my tabs, disconnected my phone, and pulled the SD card from the slot. I logged off my laptop then shut it. I picked my phone up and opened the top half of my phone cases, then dropped the SD card inside before snapping my case back on. I gathered up my trash and cut any boxes or containers into small pieces, breaking up the words on the packaging. I dispersed the debris between my kitchen trash can and my bathroom trash can. I swept any dust or particles off the countertop with my hands. 

     I grabbed my laptop and proceeded into my room. I tossed the metal on my bed along with my phone and the chargers, before kicking my shoes off. I slid my socks off hoping around the corner. I unbuckled my blue distressed jeans and threw them up into the air. I grabbed the ends of my shirt and pulled my shirt over my head, then tossed it down. I walked into my bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub. I grabbed the soap wash from the corner and turned the faucet on. I pulled the stopper to let the water fill the tub, then I drizzled the pink liquid into the water, watching as suds immediately filled the volume of the tub. I walked back into my room and grabbed the lighter of the dresser and four candles that were set atop. I trudged back into the bathroom and lined the tub with the candles before lighting them. The sweet aroma of roses and lavender filled the bathroom within seconds and I took in a sweeping breath. I glided my hand into the water checking into temperature and turned off the faucet once I decided it was hot enough. Light steam arose through the bubbly suds that sat on top of the slightly scorched water. I stood and slid off my panties, next unbuckling my bra.

 I stepped into the bath and sat down slowly. I emerged my complete body under the water before coming up and resting my head on the back of the tub. I wiped the water from my eyes and closed them. I listened to the flickering of the candle and left my mind drift off to a different place. A place where I felt most safe, most honored. I daydreamed of that place letting the mental cinematics run like a movie in my head. I dreamed of being held, tightly, and feeling secure and sound. I let the sound of birds run through my head, and imagined a light breeze. I could feel these strong arms wrap slowly around my embrace. I took is the scent of the rose and lavender candles and imagined a field of roses and lavender surrounding myself and the embrace. I felt like I was floating. Floating to a place where no harm would be done. I imagined the bright warm sun shining warmth over my body and I took in the heat from the bathwater. I sunk deeper into the tub--deeper into the arms around me...I breathed and breathed. Taking in the serenity. I tilted my head back and looked up at the being embracing me, and at that moment... I locked eyes with a field of waving, dark green.