2. Dang Nabbit

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my beautiful alarm. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow pressing random buttons to dismiss the sounds.  I walked over to my bathroom to use the restroom then, turned on a hot shower. 

A very hot shower. The kind that makes men loose their masculinity because well, the waters too hot. The kind of hot shower that feels so good on you skin but slightly rises 10 more degrees when you turn around and let it hit your back. The shower that you continue to nudge up the heat every time it falls, warning you that soon your supply of hot water will be dismay. 

 I dropped my towel and walked over to my drawer. I wiggled into an oversized gray sweater with black leggings and threw on some beat up tennis shoes. I looked at my hair in the bathroom mirror and sighed. 

One day. I'm grow a pair of balls. A big pair. I mean two, fat large sacks of just pure balls. And shave it all off. But for now, we cry, detangle, and move on. 

I need a job. Hair products cost too much money. Between the natural, gluten free, animal safe, non-chemical hair products I'm told is supposed to keep my hair thriving, and the money greedy hair companies who don't pack enough product for what I'm packing into their bank accounts, I need a job. I scrunched the curl products in my hair and threw a part to the side, before turning off the light in my bathroom. 

I walked to the kitchen and made myself leftovers from the pizza place. I scrolled through a pointless boring social media app on my phone. Full of fake smiles of people I can't stand being in the same room with. But of course I still like their vacation pictures to Cancun. It's practically social media heritage. 

The last picture I posted was from last year's Christmas. It was a family photo with me, my parents, and him. I scrolled down to far. Why don't I just take it down? 

 I gathered my backpack, phone, keys, then walked out of my dorm after doing two walk around to make sure I didn't leave anything. The first day was important. Leaving important materials wasn't on my list of things to accomplish. 

...But running into him maybe was. 

 My last class ended around noon. I found all of my classes and my buildings aren't spread too far apart. Even though any exercise I can get, I need to get. And despite my organization skills, I've yet to add exercise on my list of things to accomplish. My professors on the other hand barely acknowledged any of their students. But it's college... this is normal right? 

 I decided to walk down to the park to enjoy the scenery for a bit before I went back home. It was slightly chilly from the wind, but the sun kept the atmosphere warm enough.

Someone caught my eye as I was walking down to the pond. I turned to look over the open field to find the greedy boy last night working out. I mentally sighed in relief when I saw him, to know that he didn't die overnight from whatever he high on. 

"Hey, remember me?" I slightly wavered at him 

He looked up at me, beads of sweat dripping down his face.

He nodded his head yes and continued doing sprints. 

I waited until he came back down my way.

"Well good to know your safe and feeling better." I said cheerfully.

"Yeah," he replied bluntly.

I awkwardly stood there not sure of what to say next. 

"Do you need something? Is there an actual reason as to why you're still standing here?" he said.

"Uhmm. No and Yes. I was trying to make sure you were alright."  He seems bothered now. 

"Well, I'm fine. You can leave now."