7. Asston

Chime. 

I walked into the diner with Kaiden, laughing about a story from when he walked in one of his dad's one night stands and sabotaged her entire wardrobe.  

 "I'm so hungry," I replied between a fit of calmed down giggles.

"You're always hungry Zaviana. Come on, you act as if you haven't eaten in days, you literally eat every time we go out or I see you," Kaiden replied with a smile. Adorable. A red-head with dimples. 

"You don't have to call me out like that, problem child," I said back to him approaching an empty stool at the bar.  "I was sitting there." I heard a familiar voice say. 

"Oh my bad, I'll scoo--," I turned around.

"What are you two doing here," he asked with a cold tone, directed at Kaiden, but staring down at me.

"We're just out for lunch... we kinda been doing this a lot lately. I kinda texted you about it last week remember?" Kaiden replied with a boyish grin. 

"No, no I don't fucking remember you telling me that actually. You told me you'd been having lunch with a "special girl" as you put it. You failed to leave out it was her," he replied coldly throwing a dagger at me saying the last part. It's been two weeks and he's still an ass. Humans.

I'd gotten pretty close with Kaiden the last few two weeks. After Ashton made his speech I cut his loose ass ends out my life. I did exactly what he wanted. I stopped talking to him. It's what I wanted too. It's been two weeks. No communication with him. I see him around the campus sometimes, mostly at the park every Tuesdays-Thursdays doing sprints when I come from my last class. I don't avoid the cafeteria, I just avoid lines with him in it.

Me and Kaiden on the other hand. These two weeks have been a firework with him in it. He came by the next day after Ashton made his debut and apologized on his part. We kinda clicked and got closer over the two weeks. And no, not like that... just as friends. I didn't bother asking Kaiden what Ashton thought of our new friendship, and didn't care too. I was unbothered. He was cut off. Kaiden was added in. School was coming along, and I was adjusting well. Leona kept in touch when she wasn't on sex scavenges. I have to admit. She's a hoe. But she's a good person, and she's taken me in like her own so I ignore her scandalous  lifestyle. Her body, her choice. 

This is my first time seeing Ashton in those two weeks. I made it my goal to change up my daily routine a bit to  ensure full avoidance of him. He was a two-second feature in the soundtrack of my life. He got scratched out and my song couldn't have been better. Except the late night thoughts every now and then, and until today. 

"You're a real bitch Kaiden, you know that? Sneaking behind my back to see her. Let's be honest, all your around for anyways is to catch the ones I throw out. You fucking bastard," Ashton laughed out grabbing his jacket and leaving out the diner. Kaiden stood there, his face slowly transforming as red as his hair. I got off the stool and stormed outside following Ashton. 

"You're the bitch. Not him. He did nothing to you. Explain please how you threw out something you never had. He should've punched you dead in the fucking throat for what you said to him. I can't believe--," I was cut off by Kaiden who looked a little less red. 

"Zaviana you wanna know the real reason he told you to stop talking to him?" Kaiden asked approaching me from behind.

"Kaiden shut up before I beat your sorry ass," Ashton laughed dryly. He bunched his eyebrows together and strained his jaw. I took the opportunity to edge him on more.

I turned my back from Ashton. "Why Kaiden? Please enlighten me," I asked. 

"Ashton likes you. He's pushing you away because he doesn't want you "to get hurt" by his father. His father is a racist cunt. If he ever found out Ashton got butterflies over you  he'd kill you and Ashton. Ashton's the real pussy here. See, he's trying to cover up his preppy act so that the group of other prejudice sleazy ass so called acquaintances doesn't shut him out from their group and his dad doesn't beat his ass," Kaiden replied with a disgusted look towards Ashton, "I'll reschedule for another day Zaviana, I promise," He kissed me on the forehead shooting a glare at Ashton.