Chapter 12 - curiosity

Sometimes curiosity is our best enemy

Should

Should not

Should

Should not

Those were the only words occupying my mind since Wednesday, when I talked to the lady from Red Lion. In class, I barely paid attention to what was said nor to the students who couldn't care less about me, therefore it didn't make such a difference.

Maths was the worst though. My eyes started watering and head aching with nausea as some of the might be consequences hit me right in the face.

I could guarantee the main reason for my little breakdown was the boredom of congruence of triangles. Why do people even waste their time on that crap? It's definitely pointless and all that adding bits shit can drive one mad. Thus, as the teacher was ranting on and on on that shit hoe of a material, bad thoughts were starting to take over rather fast. No surprise it ended up the way it did.

I wished to be a doctor not an accountant anyway.

I had made a for and against list in order to enable me to make my decision.

For:

It'd most likely lead me to the very next clue.

I'd get out of my shit hole of a house.

Maybe I could even talk to other people who aren't Benjamin or Sam.

Or I could try to compromise with the bloody murderer #sorrynotsorry

Against:

I could get myself killed

I was way too lazy

My father could beat my arse up afterwards

I'm quite sure the men there aren't good influence + I've never been to that pub let alone at night on my own

And the reason that scared me most:

I could fall head straight into his trap

So far I'd come up with more reasons not to turn up. However, I still hadn't got enough power in my body to resist the urge to go and possibly find the next clue I had been looking for.

Couldn't resist my own curiosity.

Sometimes our own inquisitiveness tricks us. We just go, too blind to notice until it's too late, we're already buried deep in our own bound to be bloody fate.

I searched the bed for my phone, letting out a sight of relief when my hand came into contact with the radiation emitting item. I picked it up and found out it was already 6pm which gave me no spare time to hesitate. After long days of brain storming and overthinking, I had to finally come to a supposedly critical decision.

Before I knew it, my fingers were dancing hastily on the screen, typing Sam's number at the speed of lightning. She was pretty fond of dancing, much more fond than I was and would never reject having a good time. She used to always call me a 'party pooper' due to my non drinking self whatsoever. The call bottom was pressed and I rose the phone to my right ear.

Hold on, what if it were a real trap? Would she fall in with me? Would I be to blame for her death?

Hell no.

Before she had the chance to pick up I instantly tapped end call, placing my phone on my pillow and wiping my forehead in frustration.

How selfish was that.

I could hoist out Benjamin but no, I wasn't going to let anyone get hurt.

I could never live with myself if something were to happen because of me.