Chapter 7 - needle

I hastily elbowed my way through the sweaty dancing bodies, desperately wanting to get to the less crowded bar which had numerous empty glasses littered on it.

I huskily ignored Benjamin's dubious calls for me to come back to the dance floor. He was fully aware of the weak state I was in yet he couldn't care less. Plus, I wasn't red arsed compered to him, who was drinking his head off.

Despite the fact that I indeed had to loosen up a bit - to forget what had taken place a couple of hours ago with my lovely dad and the eerie room I'd rather not talk about, I still couldn't bring myself to relinquish control on my body and forget about everything.

I sighed in relief as I finally reached the bar. I hopped up on one of the high bar stools next to a blonde girl who didn't seem to acknowledge my presence. The room was full of numerous intoxicated teenagers, dancing their life out care-freely on the invisible dance floor. I found myself wishing I was less self-conscious and let down my guard for once. Just for once. However, the trauma of my dad coming home stoned and acting like a major jerk wouldn't stop haunting me.

"Hello gorgeous, may I get you something?" I turned on my chair to lock eyes with a rather attractive man standing behind the bar. A small smirk was playing on his face and his blue ocean eyes sparkled at mine. My lips revealed a shy smile at him complimenting me. I wasn't used to people talking to me let alone calling me 'gorgeous'.

I mentally sighed in relief as he took off his glasses which meant he couldn't see my beaten face.

"I don't d-."

"Back the fuck off my girlfriend!" I flinched as Benjamin roared from right behind me. The poor bartender raised his hand slightly in defeat even though it was evident he didn't find him a huge threat. I rolled my eyes at his sudden possessiveness and spun round to face him.

"Chill, he was just offering me a drink. It's his job after all." I tilted my head innocently to the side. Benjamin looked at me incredulously but eventually shrugged it off.

He turned his head momentarily to face the bartender and they held a harsh eye contact as if they were burning holes into each other's faces. When he spun back to me he had his lips curled up in a mischievous smirk and a spark of naughty lust glimmered in his eyes.

"C'mon Baby, show me a bit of that incredible arse of yours." He spoke creepily and I shivered at his risqué language. He grabbed my forearm and I instantly jerked away, causing an exasperated sigh to escape his lips. He wanted to make an impression on the poor guy standing behind the bar, no doubt. Little did he know I wasn't going to play along.

"Leave me alone pervert head, I don't feel like dancing." I spoke nonchalantly. I could see the shame and anger of rejection radiating out of him.

"What the hell is your problem? Haven't you heard of loosing up a bit?! You're more uptight than my fucking grandad!" He raised his hand in the air to prove his point if he even had one. I sniggered at his choice of words and spoofed my hand forward to grab his white T shirt, pulling him to stand right before me. I bent down to his ear and rubbed the soft skin slightly with my nose.

"Why aren't you dancing with your grandad then? We sure can sort out something." I whispered hotly, making sure to make him shiver with my hot breath fanning over his sensitive skin. He pushed me off him with his left hand and huffed, causing me to chuckle.

"Nice to know my girlfriend can speak fluent sarcasm." He mocked with fake enthusiasm and started walking away angrily. My eyes were glued on his moving figure until he disappeared in the sturdy crowd. I could go back to my super confidential business (staring into space).

I glanced at my perfectly painted nails, which were black with tiny blue dots on them. I was wearing a black tight sleeveless dress which gave a quite good idea of what my curves were like, a jeans jumper with turquoise elegant collar, turquoise flats and long black earrings. You could tell the colour black kind of radiated my twisted feelings and inside at the moment.