Chapter 19- investigations

My eyes floated back to the investigator, not venturing to stare at the delinquent before me any longer. Even if he were under arrest with twenty equipped guards watching over him 24/7 I'd still feel vulnerable and weak around him. He gave off bravery and calmness; as if he hadn't even been arrested.

Most people who're called out for their transgressions will at least try and escape or at least protest. He made no such a move. And the fact that it took little to no time to drag him off the street also seemed quite surreal. He was clever enough to run away, why didn't he give it a try? Thought it'd take at least two days before I get to confront him; to confront my family breaker.

"Hello Gwen, I'm detective Jonas. Glad you're here so we can get started. Shall we?" The man beside me acknowledged. I nodded my head and grasped the armrest of the chair I was sat on nervously.

"Alright. I've been informed that you were involved in The Educator crimes as a victim, correct?" Jonas cut straight in with a firm notebook in his pale hands.

Of course everything was being documented, perhaps even recorded due to the substantial case.

"Yes." I managed to choke out with the piercing green eyes on my face. I felt dizzy.

"And are you 100 percent sure this man here before you is guilty? Was he the one torturing you or was it someone else? Maybe one of his coworkers?"

I bit my lip and risked a glance at the boy across from me. His tattooed arms still securely tied down behind his back and his stern gaze locked on my face, he looked dumb, motionless- until I noticed the small curve of his mouth. He had a mini smirk on. Why would he feel so relaxed as if he was still in charge? Didn't he realise he had been cornered?

Here's your cue to surrender Mr. Educator.

"Well yes and no, I've never seen his face despite our get-togethers with Gemma and the pals. H-He was always masked up with some ludicrous masque, only his voice was exposed."

Harry didn't say anything.

Jonas nodded in approval and lowered his red pen to the paper, the melody of the blood pen along with the pure white of the paper brought bad memories cursing my head into a fatal trance.

"Harry, where were you the night the notorious carousel trap took place? The 27th of October if I'm not mistaken?" Jonas gestured to Harry, causing him to flare his nostrils and send him the kind of look that'd sure wither a plant.

"Are we playing fucking 20 questions now?"

Jonas glared at Harry who was now fidgeting to break out of the stinging handcuffs, his eyes shinning with irritation.

"You're under arrest, being accused for murders, human abuse and playing tricks on the police is sure not an everyday thing so I'd suggest yo-"

"I'm not talking to some low ranked fool, By the looks of it, I wouldn't even let you set a rat's destiny. You indecisive ar-"

"ENOUGH."

Jonas banged his fist on the silver desk, his eyes showing of fire and face boiling with anger. Harry's smirk seemed to grow wider at the detective's outburst, though he didn't seem affected at all by his sudden violent move. Letting the other finish a sentence off sure wasn't their best aptitude.

"You're superior at pushing people to their edges, huh?" Jonas spoke bitterly, his clenched fist still on the desk, his knuckles dead white.

A raspy-sarcastic laugh vibrated through Harry's body.

"I guess you could say I've got my degree."

Jonas huffed and slumped back in his chair, his eyebrows furrowed and teeth gritted. Despite the detective's mounting frustration Harry- on the other side of the desk looked sort of pleased as his eyes radiated with triumph and amusement at the pissed man.