Chapter 9- bother brother

A friend is a brother who was once a bother

I was frozen to the spot. A bile was forming in the back of my mouth as the inevitable question echoed through my brain. I could tell his eyes were still firing glances at me though my gaze was dropped low to my feet that became super interesting back then.

"You just have no filter." Gemma's indignant voice was heard as she hissed at her brother.

I let my gaze flit up a bit to get caught by the emerald green. I was astonished to find out his gaze was still incubus on me despite Gemma's little outburst. His eyes were laced with so many emotions though I could only point out quite a bunch.

The blatant anger, confusion, irritation, pity and maybe some.. Guilt? What could he possibly feel guilty for? That piece of glass? It seemed like a century had passed since then.

He inhaled deeply and slightly leaned in. My breath got hitched in my throat as my hair was brushed away slightly. I watched as he tilted his head lightly to the side, peering at me to get a better look. His assessing gaze was now coupled with both sadness and disbelief. My pulse was racing.

"I-it was n-nothing, just an accident." I muttered whilst memories of that horrible night flashed across my mind, the incredible force of my dad's hand making harsh contact with my cheek and bruising it terribly. I shuddered.

Terror shot through my veins as fast as lightening as his mouth twisted upward in a wistful smirk. Was I naïve enough to think he'd buy my poor lie? I couldn't think of a better excuse at the moment and tripping down the stairs didn't seem like an option due to the nasty noticeable trails of fingers my dad marked on my skin.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." He cut me out of my daze as he lurched forward and grabbed my hand which was lying lazily on the table. I tried to jerk away though his grip was too strong. "But people don't just wake up in the morning with their face bruised up like hell." He whispered lowly and I instantly tensed.

"And I can also assure you that young skinny ladies like you can't cause such a damage on their own." He trailed off.

"Someone must.... Help them."

The 'word' help was bended lightly and I could tell the words were designed with bitterness. He stretched his hand and pinched my almost non existent bicep. I jumped slightly in my seat and he chuckled.

"Harry! Leave the girl alone, I'm begging you." Gemma cried out in defeat.

"I'm afraid her subconscious begs to differ." Harry finally acknowledged her words. What was that even supposed to mean?

"How so?" Gemma narrowed her eyes at her creepy brother who didn't seem to let go of my hand which was begging for freedom.

He sighed deeply and shifted his gaze to his sister. What a relief, too bad it was for a rather mere second then he settled his deep set of eyes back on me. I surprisingly mustered the courage to gaze back at his green hypnotising orbs. I watched intensely as his full heart-shaped lips parted open as he was about to say something.

"We're talking about Gwen Wilson, daughter of the hugest arsehole in the world Gem, Derek Wilson, doesn't that ring a bell? Anyway, no one would dare lay a finger on her in fear of her fucked up father finding out. The only conclusion I can c--."

"ENOUGH." I yelled at the top of my lungs whilst tears were brimming my cheeks. They both looked taken aback by my sudden bottle. I was quite gobsmacked myself to be honest.