Chapter 33- no way

Harry was standing before me, tall frame looming over my much smaller one, as usual. His curly chocolate hair was combed back as he gazed at me though I had just escaped a mental institution. I dropped my gaze to his big hand to see the boning knife gripped tightly as if he was scared I'd launch forward and take it out of his hold.

He was dressed in all black just like me.

"Just do it, Harry." I cried out. "Stop messing with my head, I'm begging you! Game over or whatever you name it, just finish it!" I implored, my voice trembling from word to word as tears poured out of my eyes uncontrollably.

He was looking at me as if I were mad. "You're out of your mind, Gwen. I won't do shit." His raspy voice spoke out, total surprise still prominent in it.

"Yeah I'm in fact, out of my mind. A person can only take so much. Congrats Harry, you broke me."

My bitter words brought a flash of guilt up to his jade eyes. I bit my lips to stop more tears rolling down my cheeks.

Good, he should feel remorse for what he had done.

"just push that bloody knife into my stomach already!" I abruptly bellowed, clenching my fists by my sides, suddenly too angry to keep up with his gobsmacked posture. I was indeed, out of my mind.

We both flinched. Him at the loudness of my voice and me as more blood seized out of the open cut. Unfortunately, my action didn't go unnoticed by Harry as his dark eyes instantly flickered to my bleeding stomach. His eyes turned into slits.

"You're hurt." He pointed out.

"No shit." I chuckled sarcastically.

A disapproved look was thrown my way as he hastily marched at me. My eyes shut closed instinctively as I was expecting great pain to invade my body, but when a metallic sound was heard and my waist was caught, my eyes shot back open. Harry had dropped the knife.

I started to wiggle around in his strong hold though his strength vastly overpowered mine and I was easily scooped up to the counter. I  instantly froze when my puffy eyes made direct contact with his forest ones. We were eye levelled now.

"Stop, will you? I'm not a child you can just carry around to your needs." I whined loudly, looking straight into the bright green that made me feel self-conscious.

He furrowed his eyebrows together. "Then stop acting like one."

"What do you mean?" I asked in annoyance, diverting my gaze away irritatingly.

"I mean that you don't think your decisions through. You were about to end your fucking life, I bet you'd regret that afterwards."

"I wouldn't, my life's worth nothing." I replied in a gutted tone.

He didn't say anything but pulled one of the cabinets open, tugging a small red towel down and pouring some water from the tap onto it.

Suddenly, there was a strange rumbling noise. Harry twisted his head back, shooting a death glare.  If looks could kill whoever it was would be six feet underground.

When Harry was certain we were alone again, he asked:

"Shall I?" His eyes met mine as he gestured towards my shirt.

"I don't want my cut cleaned." I protested stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest and looking away.

"You're acting like a child again, Gwen. Don't make me tie you." He threatened and my arms immediately dropped to my sides.

I let out a whine when my shirt and jumper were lightly lifted up, exposing the big cut. Harry's face contorted into a frown as his eyes traced the ugly scar along with my faded marks.

"Thank God you were wearing that thick jumper." He mumbled, mopping up the blood with the small towel. He applied gentle pressure to stop the bleeding and my eyes fluttered shut.

My mind wandered back to when he cleaned up my cut stomach after a very severe game. Now, unlike the other day, I had a clear view of his face.

After the wound was perfectly rinsed, he fetched an ointment box and tore it open.

"This may hurt a little." He warned, though I had no time to dwell on his words since the substance had already been applied to my broken skin.

That stung.

I drew in a sharp breath at the strong cream, more tears escaping my eyes at the torturing sensation.

"Shh I'm sorry baby don't cry... This is to avoid infection and keep your skin moistened. Trust me, you don't want it to catch infection." He cooed softly, his eyes full of concern. Hadn't it hurt so much, I would've called him out on his stupid pet name.

Gotta hate antiseptic.

"I'm going to use a bandage since it's a big cut." He told me, though I was focused on my burning skin rather than on what he was actually saying.

A medium sized bandage had been obtained and firmly secured to my damaged skin. Harry then folded it over and tied a tight knot in the end. The stinging pain was finally starting to fade away.

"Too tight?"

"It's okay, I guess."

He lightly pressed on the skin next to the bandage to make sure it didn't restrict my circulation. He then inserted two long fingers between the knot and the dressing.

Not only did Harry taking care of me bring memories of the night when he had cut me up, but it brought another  deja vu. The image wasn't clear, but I could see someone vague clean up some of my bruised skin as a child after getting punished by my dear dad.

"You know a lot about first aid, don't you?" I asked out of curiosity, referring to his professional moves. 

"I suppose so." He answered, not meeting my gaze.

He applied gentle pressure onto the bandage to check if the blood didn't seep through, it didn't.

"Gwen." He breathed out as the bandage was done, his big hands resting on the counter by my sides. His eyes fixed on mine in a genuine matter.

"You really don't remember me?" He caught me off guard, his voice was small and desperate- not like his usual confident one.

This was a vast contrast to his usual arrogant self.

I stared into his fascinating green orbs in utter distraught. He was the most beautiful yet cruel man I had ever come across.

"Remember you?"

His eyes seemed somewhat disappointed by my confused answer, I felt as though I were missing something- something huge.

His hands left my sides to swiftly tug up the black material of his shirt. My pulse picked up as more of his smooth, tanned skin was revealed. What was he doing? Was he going to finish what Jasper had started off? I felt the blood drain out of my body.

Harry paused and gave me a puzzled look before pulling his shirt the rest of the way up. My hand was then grasped in his bigger one and slowly brought up to his side. His eyes followed mine curiously as he traced my tips over a jagged line which appeared extremely misplaced on his perfect skin. My posture straightened to have a better look. A scar.

He then let go of my hand but I continued exploring the sizeable scar nevertheless. It wasn't the first scar I had laid my eyes on- I had multiple ones scattered on multiple ares of my body too. However, that mark on Harry's skin seemed strangely familiar to the point an unpleasant chill struck through my body.

"No way."

A/N

SHITE IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN