Chapter 26- life

'Most people have never learned that one of the main aims in life is to enjoy it.' Samuel Butler.

His green eyes weren't the sparkling emerald colour, they were dark and unsettling as he shot daggers at us, his intimidating gaze freezing both of us to the spot though Liam's arms remained round me. He was dressed all black. Black jeans, t-shirt and coat. From beneath his shirt I could see ink sprawled out on his smooth skin, which didn't put my inner fears at ease.

I noticed how his gaze dropped to eye Liam's arms, the darkness in his eyes spreading instantly, as if swallowing the natural green they held. It was then when Harry made his first move, literally pushing Liam's hands away from their grasp on my upper arms and tugging me back with a low growl. I immediately stumbled away from him but kept my gaze stern, looking forward with as much confidence as I could muster out of my body. Quite frankly, I was petrified. But one thing I knew: you should never let anyone or anything know you fear them, it makes them stronger and you easier to take out. And unfortunately, Harry had already seen my vulnerable side, but better die brave than die a wimp.

"Didn't I tell you no one was to go near her?" His raspy voice sent chills down my body as he snapped at Liam, who looked like he was about to throw up. "Let along touch her, I fucking left clear instructions, was it that hard to restrain yourself Liam?"

Liam's lips quivered lightly, but surprisingly his voice came off calm and smooth. "I know, but she was hungry so we let her out."

I absolutely hated how they talked about me like some outcast who wasn't even in the same room as them. I wanted to snap, to tell them off because some boundaries had to be set. They couldn't treat me that way, captive or not. However, judging by the anger in Harry's eyes I had to stop myself from doing something stupid. One word could've pulled the trigger, none of us wanted his fury to erupt.

"You also said to look after her, so we did." Liam added smartly, giving the fuming man before him an easy smile.

Harry huffed, clenching his jaw as he didn't look satisfied with Liam's answer. "And would you care to explain why you two are up here all by yourself, is if about to suck faces?" His voice was low, down and husky, as his nose scrunched up, as if disgusted by the thought.

"Oh Hazza, you know damn well it wasn't the case, she seemed depressed and I didn't know when you'd come, so I thought i'd break it down to her. That's it."

Hazza, the name gave a warm feeling to my heart and nearly brought a smile to my face, until it dawned on me and my monotone expression came back, as if the small grin never even tugged at my closed lips.

A loud, sarcastic laugh echoed throughout the room as Harry clapped his hands, staring at Liam in mock amusement. "There's a huge difference between feeding, cheering her up or trying to get her in bed."

Now it was Liam's turn to clench his jaw but before he could give back an angry-clad comeback my frustration took over and before I could stop myself, the words were already out.

"I'm not a freaking dog you lot."

I immediately regretted my word as he spun to face me, green eyes meeting brown. He continued to stare me down, waiting for me to surrender under his threatening gaze. My palms became slightly sweaty and my heart was beating faster than normal but I wasn't going to run away like he probably expected, like I had before. Darting his gaze back to Liam, he declared.

"Liam, would you give us a minute?"

His words brought a wind of discomfort attacking my body, but I stood my ground, defeat didn't even cross my mind at the moment. Liam gave me a concerned look before leaving the tidy room reluctantly.