Chapter 27 - reunion

Thank you so much for 40k reads!!

Never had I felt so lonely. More than anything else at home, more even than hanging around with my small group of friends, I missed freedom. Before the abduction, I had taken liberty for granted; just like most people who are independent. However, as far as I know, none of my acquaintances had attempted to save me. As a matter of fact, I had seen none of my captors bothered about me making an escape. It was like Harry owned me, which I didn't like a bit. But now, with the lingering tingle of solitude rising in the pit of my stomach, just like having a constant stomachache, I was starting to lose hope.

The claustrophobia had gotten worse to the point it was hard to fall asleep, suffocating to walk round and boring to begin with. Horrendous headaches kept taunting me and sent my body into depression and embitterment. Fresh air, fresh air that streams through your trachea, pervades your lungs then floats back out. Fresh air that brings relief upon you, that makes you feel free.

It had been a week, a whole week since I had been brought here, into that severe place, away from the real world. When you're free, a week seems like quite a short period of time doesn't it? However, when you're locked up in a dull room, while outside serial killers linger, superior at torturing people to death and tricking the police, a week doesn't seem as short. No sign of relenting had been shown, I could see no way out of this situation. Even the games on my new phone had lost their appeal. I was bored, famished, depressed, frightened and alone.

No one but Liam had texted me so far, not even the notorious man who had gifted it to me, the one who goes by the name of Harry. Talking about him, I had barely run into him that whole week, which wasn't a surprise since I never got out of the room unless needing to use the loo.

On my phone, several conversations between Liam and me were savoured. Constantly he'd ask me if I were hungry or just wanted to go out and have a tour which I politely declined. Quite frankly, I didn't feel like eating. No matter how starved my body was, it was my soul that made the final decision. And my soul didn't want my body to have food at the moment.

As far as I know they could drug me or get me into another game whilst my body was out, so I thought it'd be easier not to consume any food rather than rely on any of them.

I didn't trust people easily.

All of a sudden, scaring me out of my shell, two enormous green eyes had appeared among the door. There he was, mesmerising green eyes, endless legs and curly hair standing all before me. My head hung low to meet the neat pillowcase that had been tossed carelessly to the ground when my thoughts drove myself livid.

"We're about to have lunch, come join us." His raspy voice floated across the room, causing me to stiffen.

"I don't wanna eat." I replied automatically, lifting my gaze to look him in the eyes. That wasn't lying was it? I truly did not want to eat.

His teeth gritted, face turning into a light frown as he stared back at me. "Look at you, you're all skin and bones. I can't believe you're even putting up an argument, it's clear as fuck how hungry you are." He snapped, small wrinkles forming on his forehead due to how frustrated he was.

"You could've texted me, just like Liam did." I protested, furrowing my eyebrows slightly at how he had barged in with no warning.

"Like hell I could, you would've bailed out. Just like you did when Liam asked you." He fired back sagely, licking his bottom lip.

All I did is look away since he was sort of right.

"What makes you think it will be different now?" A sweet smirk tugged at my lips as we made eye contact right again. His fingers rubbed against his temples as if trying to give me the best answer. Then, to my horror, a painted smirk spread across his face.