Chapter 39- wrath

A/N: just holding my end of the bargain up :)

Our last conversation ended up when I was going my head off at him, tired of his constant lies and feign promises. He had that brick wall mounted up so high he couldn't fully give his trust to me, hence making me find him everything but trustworthy. Although now, I could proudly say I got the honour of chiseling a piece off.

I looked into his deep green eyes, so many emotions buried deep within them. The pretty rings of grin surrounding his pupils as they glowed in the dimly lit room. He seemed to be memorising every feature of my face, every freckle, every spot, every line. I registered it only, because I was doing the same to him. We were close, I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. I could feel his hot breath fan over my face as our noses brushed, not dropping eye contact for a mere second.

"Am I allowed to kiss you?" He murmured, his eyes dancing between my eyes and my parted lips.

And in the heat of the moment, I cautiously nodded.

His fingers met mine and he laced them together, my small palm in his massive one. And just like that, his plump lips pressed to mine, sending my stomach into a big, enthusiastic knot. I could feel my heart pulsating at lightening speed, my blood pressure through the roof as his lips moulded with mine. His lips were sweet, like fresh strawberries. I liked the way he was being so gentle with me, tracing his lips softly to mine as if afraid I was going to break under his touch if he pressed too hard. I tilted my head, cherishing the most incredible kiss I had ever had. It just felt so right, the passion and yearning we shared driving us closer. I couldn't open my eyes, the magical aroma of his mouth sending me into a beautiful land where I needn't worry about my lousy life.

Feeling like a party pooper, due to the provoking need to get oxygen into my lungs, I pulled away from the kiss, my chest heaving up and down rapidly. Harry licked his lips, as if to savour the feeling of my lips on his. Hopefully he could feel the spark between us, too.

"I haven't shed a tear in years, you know? That was a hell of an outburst." He said, giving a breathless laugh as his nose brushed against mine.

"Should I be flattered?" I snickered, raising my brows at him.

"Maybe." He chuckled along, tugging the warm covers over our bodies.

My finger traced the intricate black swirls of ink etched on Harry's smooth skin, enjoying the comfortable silence that had casted over us. I could feel Harry brushing a piece of my hair, swirling it around his long finger. I notably felt comfortable that I found myself meting into him, burying my head in the crook of his neck. I knew Harry would never hurt me again, the fact he had burst in tears before me was one to assure me that. It also went to show he let his ego around me falter, exposing the real him. His excuse was rather pathetic, but the way he backed down and apologised like nothing would mean the world to him more than my amnesty, gave me the need to give him a second chance. It would take time for me to wholeheartedly give into him and utterly get over the horror he had put me through, though I got the vibe he was willing to wait for me.

"Gwen." He cut me out of my trance, his voice tender.

"Mm?"

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked, somewhat cautiously.

I shifted to angle my face up to peer at him. "Of course."

He closed his eyes momentarily under my unwavering gaze, his brows furrowed in anguish. As if the question brought him pain.

"I don't mean to ruin the moment, but this has been bugging me quite a lot." He elaborated furthermore. I nodded him to continue.

"I was wondering what made you.. Ahm... Feel the need to end it all? I mean, I know things haven't been quite peachy for you, but there was sure something that pulled the final straw." His voice was painfully curious and not prying.

My gaze dropped as bad memories forced their way to the front of my mind. The way his filthy hands touched me in places I had never been touched, full of foul revolting lust and thoughts I'd never want such a sick man to have about me. My face contorted with disgust, feeling the familiar tears brimming my vision again.

My discomfort didn't go unnoticed as Harry tugged me closer under the big blanket.

"I-I have never been touched like that, h-he tried to hurt me Harry. T-to force me into doing stuff against my will." I chocked out, feeling as pathetic as ever as hiccups and sobs heaved from my lips.

I could feel his grip around me tighten, the new information making him grit his teeth. His ragged breath came in low pants and from the corner of my blurry eye I could see him take the inside of his cheek between his teeth in an attempt to calm himself. It was shocking to see how fast he could go from sweet and vulnerable to uncontrollable anger.

"Who?" He spat. I had never seen such darkness in his eyes, and I had faced his livid side multiple times. His jaw muscles seemed to bulge as obvious animosity coursed through them. Discomfort clawed at my insides at his tone and whole change of demeanour, giving me the urge to shut off.

I closed my eyes as more tears rolled down my cheeks, Harry's body was warm against my own, making it hard to avoid his pinning gaze. When he finally realised I wasn't going to have that tone, he sucked in a sharp breath, trying to calm his rage.

"I'm sorry babe, the pain on your pretty face makes me want to beat the shit out of that motherfucking useless twat before even knowing who they are. You didn't deserve it." He whispered in my ear, hot breath blowing over the expanse making me shiver in his arms.

I nodded, leaning into his warmth, finding comfort in his strong body. "Just please, tell me who it is. I want to help you Gwennie, that person has to pay for what they've done."

Even though I was perfectly aware of what a good manipulator Harry was, even as a kid, something in his soft voice and soothing touch made me spill the difficult words.

"I-it was that Jasper bloke." I whispered, as if scared he may hear me.

Harry's soft circles on my arm ceased, letting me know he had heard me. I could feel his muscles tense and one of his hands curling into a fist by his side.

"He didn't." He spoke in pure shock, his chest going up and down heavily.

"I kicked him in the balls and escaped- he was red arsed. I-I can't think of what would've happened if I hadn't though." I explained, my voice trembling.

"He still touched you." Harry spoke in a voice that nearly made my blood curdle. There was so much fury in it you'd mistake it to be monotonous.

I didn't reply. What could I say?

Then, without a single warning Harry rose off the bed, our bodies losing all contact and and he took the tingling sensation with him. His jaw was clenched so tight his teeth almost shattered.

"Where are you going?" I frantically asked, springing up to a sitting position.

He turned back, his knees bent to come eye level with me, hands coming to push a few strands of hair behind my ear. Balmy lips took home on my forehead, for just a second before they were gone again.

"No one hurts my angel without feeling the wrath of the devil."

And with that, he rose to his full height, long and lanky legs leading him to the door and out of it without another word.

A/N

The more you vote and comment the faster I update because motivation

Love you lots xx