Chapter 43- free

Nervousness

A rush of anxiety that tingles like being tickled with a small feather on the inside, your pulse suddenly skyrockets and your palms moisten. Your knees tend to bounce and fingers to drum or tap, your muscles usually tense. Your face might drain of colour and your breath might pick up.

That was the feeling clawing at my insides at the moment, it was as if a brick wall was blocking my better judgment, preventing me from coming up with any logical way of expressing my feelings.

I'd admit, I never thought Harry would give in so fast. I had put more thought into persuading him than into what I was actually going to say, once in front of my not so pleasant father, that now that we were about to leave I was at a loss for words. Like my brain was plunged into darkness, into blankness.

I had on a pink pullover with ripped black skinny jeans and a white vest underneath. I pulled on my brown boots and tied the laces up, taking longer than usual with my drenched and trembling hands.

Even though my father scared me to an extent, I wasn't going to back down nor come off as weak. I was going to stand my ground no matter what, even if he throws a hit. Usually when he'd raise a hand against me, I'd crawl into a ball so small I was almost invisible, mumbling pleads for him to let me go. I obeyed him; I let him get his ways and humiliate me through violence, which I was going to take no more.

I felt my animosity grow like a wild fire at the thought of the many spankings, slaps, beating, and kicking I had been through. However, the thought of the ruthless impact he had on Harry's life sent me to a new edge. I wasn't going to go as low as hitting him, I was going to go worse. To open his eyes to the wretched man he truly was.

"Gwendoll, babe, are you ready?" There was a knock on the door as Harry's husky voice rang from the other side.

"Yeah, be right out!" I called, shutting the doors of my wardrobe and inhaling deeply. I had to stay strong. Fixing my hair and stealing one last glance in the mirror I sauntered out of the room, steering the way I knew by heart to the kitchen. This place had various doors, staircases, rooms and halls, it was overly big and very mysterious. Harry said I shouldn't be snooping around, and quite frankly, the mere fact that it was completely windowless gave me a chilly idea of what inhuman things were lurking in the place I was staying.

I did try sneaking into a random room in the next floor down several days ago out of sheer curiosity, but was disappointed to find it locked. I then tried opening some more doors when suddenly Harry popped up and gave me a furious mouthful. The doors I tried to open did look slightly... Not clapped-out but perhaps dilapidated.

Since then he had been keeping a close eye on me, which I couldn't tell whether I liked or not.

As I walked into the kitchen, my eyes landed on Louis and Harry chatting amongst themselves. They hadn't noticed me yet, though I stayed silent. I liked to observe situations first before actually intervening.

The scowl that resided on Harry's face, brows pulled in deeply making it look like he was thinking hard about something. He was clad in jeans, and a thin long sleeved shirt that made it far too easy to see how many tattoos were jittered on his body.

"Gwennie." Louis acknowledged me, snapping me out of my trance.

"Alright, Lou?" I greeted, giving him a small smile. I brought my eyes back up to see Harry's body had whipped to face me, his lips curling into a smirk, his arms unfolding from his chest and his back pushing off the wall as he strolled closer to me.

In my desperate need of comfort, I instantly leapt into his arms, nuzzling and leaning into his warmth and protection. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me, pulling my body closer to his. I felt his lips press to my forehead, lingering there for a moment.

"I'm ready when you are." He whispered into my hair, giving my arm a squeeze.

I inhaled his scent one last time and pulled away, giving him my best nod. My heart warmed up when he sent me a reassuring smile, entwining his long fingers with my shorter ones and guiding me out of the kitchen. Louis pinched my cheek when we passed by him, causing me to stick my tongue out at him immaturely. I knew I wasn't alone in this.

Harry took a left to a hall I had never been to, sparking my curiosity. I couldn't believe he'd finally let me leave this place; it had been so long since I was out, listening to the lovely sounds of chirping birds and beautiful trees rustling in the wind. We stopped in front of a huge metal door and Harry pressed his finger against a fingerprint scanner. The heavy doors automatically slid open, granting us entrance and revealing a neat case of metal stairs. We descended the stairs and I grew antsy, longing to find what was down there and when the outside world will be revealed to me, again.

Once we reached the end of the stairs, a huge garage filled with multiple cars was divulged to us. My lips parted in awe, those were filthily expensive cars. Even though my parents had money, I never recalled them owning such cars. Those things cost a bomb.

Harry led me to a black Jaguar, opening the passenger door and waiting for me to hop in. Once we both were inside, I asked him the question that had been on my mind since we got in the garage.

"How come you guys can afford all these expensive cars?"

I noticed his muscles tense under my prying gaze, visibly not appreciating the question asked. He started the car, attempting to ignore my question. Little did he know I wasn't going to let it slide.

"Well?" I pressed, getting more curious yet annoyed with the curly haired guy beside me.

He sighed deeply, raking his big hand through his hair in obvious frustration.

"I know your curiosity gets the best of you, but please, can this wait?" He implored, giving me a look through his sun glasses and going into a reverse.

"No. I want to know, you're scaring me." I insisted, bunching my right hand into a fist, feeling my nails bite into my palm.

"Gwen, you're about to do something way scarier and riskier than that, so please, for once in your life, will you drop the subject? We can discuss this later." He said, turning his head to look at me. I noticed his fingers were drumming against the steering wheel whilst he tried to keep his breath steady.

I huffed. "Promise?"

"I promise."

And then, without warning a pitch black shutter garage door rolled up, slowly letting us out to the outside world. Excitement and nervousness poured out of me like sunshine over a shore; I glowed from the inside out.

My eyes met a golden globe scorching up above, the sun. Powder-puff clouds cluttered the sky, the grey, blue and orange hues twirling around making various shapes and shades. It was a unique combination. A smile cracked over my face when I turned my head to the right and saw wet trees shining like emeralds in the light of the sun. The side of my face was blazing to the soft lights and I rolled down the window, sniffling the amazing aroma in.

The keen, frisky wind hit the side of my face, whipping my hair back. When I was kidnapped, it was still winter. But now, by the fragment leaves and flowers I could tell it was turning spring. It was also warming up a bit, however, you may never know here. Our weather had always been varied; we tend to have both good and grim days, no matter what time of the year. It wouldn't be out of line for there to be some late low-level snow falls, yet within a week or two the sun will have a summer feel to it.

Looking ahead at the snow-capped mountains that were yet to melt, I finally felt free.

A/N

Hiya everyone!

I'm terribly sorry if I've given anyone a fright last chapter, I didn't mean to! I've had some ideas and somehow thought they'd only take one chapter but when I actually started writing, it came off totally different. I can't see the end just yet, but I'll have you know it's closer than you think. I'm not stupid and will not let anyone down though, so just leave it up to me to write a killer ending ;)

Love you tons xxx