Trillion Dollar Man

He heard the sound of machines. It sounded something like a power drill. Various voices. He couldn't recognize any of them. He was afraid. And then he wasn't. He didn't know, he continually went in and out of consciousness. He couldn't see or feel or smell anything.
This went on for some unknown amount of time. Hours, days, weeks, months? And then finally, Samuel awoke and opened his eyes slowly.
      "O-oh.." a male voice gasped. Samuel noticed an Asian guy with black hair and dark brown eyes staring at him. He was the one who spoke. "Oh my gosh. Oh my freakin gosh. Hey! Hey Eugene! He just he moved his eyes!" Samuel was confused, and found it hard to speak. Something felt different. "It worked?" A bald black guy walked beside the Asian, and was the one who asked the question. "Samuel! Are you able to speak?" The Asian asked him. Samuel managed to shake his head no. It was almost like he'd forgotten how to. He tried, but it was as if it wasn't working. It troubled him. "His heart rate is going up again," the black guy said, his face stern and unmoving. "Hold on, I've got it," The Asian replied, pressing a few buttons on a computer next to the bed he was laying on. All of a sudden, numbers popped up in his eye sight. Samuel frowned, trying to understand what was happening. Then he passed out again.
*********
The next time he woke up, everything was much clearer. He was in a train of sorts, it seemed. "Samuel?" The Asian guy said to him. With a bit of concentration, he was able to reply. "Y-you..." he stopped. His voice was significantly different. "Does your voice sound different?" The Asian guy asked. "One moment, I think I hit the wrong sound file." He pressed a button, and Samuel felt a strange vibration in his neck. "Try speaking now please." "Uhm.. okay?" Samuel said, his voice no sounding like his own. "What's going on..? Who are you? Why do you know my name?" He looked down and saw that his body looked different. It was essentially him, but his arms had a few cracks in them, as did his legs. Then he thought back to the last memory he had. Of getting caught in the flaming debris of his house. His friend Nelson desperately trying to save him before being... burned alive..
"How am I here??" Samuel asked the Asian man, feeling frightened. "I...I should be.." "my name is Henry," the Asian man told him. "Yes, you were pretty much dead." "What do you mean?" "Allow me to explain," Henry said, "To the best of my knowledge, you were almost officially killed when the aliens invaded Ohio. You had some decent brain activity left over, so we preserved your brain, and with some reverse engineered technology we recovered from crashed UFOs, and some pictures and of course some audio files of your voice, we were able to recreate you... sort of. You also have a few upgrades you may need to adjust to. So.. in other words, you're basically a cyborg, but you should be able to feel things and taste things now, and your skin shouldn't feel like metal anymore." "What are these lines all over my body?" Samuel asked, still feeling very uneasy about basically being a robot with his brain inside it. "Those are where you have additional weapons inside of you. Your right hand can change into a machine gun, and your left has a small missile in it. Don't worry, I'll show you how to reload." "I don't know what to say..." Samuel muttered. "You should also be much faster, and be able to observe things much better, including zooming in and out and taking pictures with your eyes, theoretically speaking." "Wait a minute," Samuel blurted, "What happened to my wife and children? To Nelson and everyone else?" "They all made it," Henry reassured him, "They're the ones who gave us pictures and stuff of you to help us bring you back. They were very upset." Samuel sighed in relief. At least I can still feel emotions... he thought. I'm kind of freaked out.. but maybe this isn't.. so bad.. "Although about Nelson.." Henry trailed off. "Don't tell me he didn't make it..." Samuel said, he relief immediately turning to worry. "Well..." Henry said, "We don't know if he did or not. Anora. I believe her name was, said he got abducted. They are currently teamed up with us trying to figure out a way to get him back, or any sort of lead on him." "How..?" Samuel asked, sadness overwhelming him. "If he got abducted... couldn't he be.. anywhere in the.. universe?" "Of course," Henry agreed, "But we have our own connections." "I don't know what you have in mind," Samuel started slowly, "But I need to go help them." "I one hundred percent agree," Henry said politely. "That's where we're headed. Also, it is a pleasure to meet you, Samuel. I've heard great things about you. Also, this is Eugene." He pointed a seat ahead on the train, where the bald black guy sat. He didn't bother to speak, just turned around, nodded, then returned back to what he was doing. "Don't mind him, he's not much of a talker," Henry told him. "Okay," Samuel replied, "Nice to meet you two as well. Thank you for saving my life." "Not a problem at all!" Henry said, "Okay that's a lie it was kind of hard, but I'm glad it worked out." "I'll bet my wife is gonna be so psyched out," Samuel thought with a smile. "She'll be surprised too," Henry added, "We didn't want to tell her about this operation, in case it failed so she would get her hopes up and be crushed again." "That was considerate of you," Samuel said, appreciative. "Looks like we're in good hands. I really look forward to seeing her and the kids again. I just hope we can find Nelson. I hope he's okay."
********
They got off at an underground train station somewhere. "Where are we?" Samuel asked. "Hawaii," Henry replied. They walked up a staircase and into the night city of Hawaii. There was a slight breeze, but the sky was mostly clear. "If you don't mind, before we go back to your wife and the others, I have orders to get Miranda's hospitalization records." "What?" Samuel asked, surprised, "What happened? Why?" "More alien activity even here in Hawaii," Henry quickly explained, "She got jumped or something like that, but all I need to do is get those papers so those pesky ufo conspiracists don't have any evidence to try to grab onto. She was attacked in the same area as some really... weird stuff happened. A dojo was slaughtered, and there was green residue in the blood that was spilt. Miranda is thought to be attacked by those same.. 'people'." Oh, so another government cover up, Samuel thought. "Yeah sure," Samuel shrugged.
           When they arrived at the hospital, and spoke to the attendant, Samuel noticed her face go pale when Henry showed her his FBI badge. Something isn't right.. Samuel thought. The attendant returned, seemingly on the verge of tears. "Uh, ma'am?" Henry asked, himself appearing a bit concerned at her. She handed him the paperwork and immediately excused herself. As they left the building, Henry took a closer look at the building. "Oh." Henry stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh shit. Guys, we need to hurry. Right. NOW." "What?" Samuel and Eugene both asked. "Tell me I'm wrong," Henry said, holding the paper so they could both read it. It read;