-18-

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | A BESTIE

Zion's P.O.V.

"Tell me," I turned to face Nari, who was enjoying her massage, "what happened on your date?"

"Nothing," I started off saying, "my mother set me on a blind date, and then he showed up."

"Was he your blind date?" Nari lifts her head to look at me "if it is, then you two are fated to be together."

"Stop watching Asian dramas," I went on to say, knowing she was comparing my situation to one of those dramas she watches, "and no, he was there to meet a friend."

"And?"

I let out a deep sigh because I know she wasn't going to let this go until she knew every detail. So, I went on to tell her everything that happened that day, even about the blind date.

"Who was the jerk that ghost you," she asked curiously.

"I don't know," I shrugged carelessly, "and I honestly don't care. It's over."

Though I didn't care much about this blind date, I was curious to know who it was at least. I found it weird that he didn't even respond to any of my texts or try to call with an explanation. It felt like he vanished off the face of the earth. I knew my father was behind this little blind date, and probably the one I need to ask more about this guy who ditched me.

"He does seem like he is into you," Nari words pulled me out of my thoughts and over to her, "you two do look good together."

"There is something about him that is off," I went on to tell her as I couldn't shake this feeling off when it came to Giorgio, "He came from out of nowhere, and he is too cocky."

"You mean confident. Besides, a man that is as sexy as him should be," Nari prop her head on her hand, "but I don't think that is the reason why you don't want to get to know him."

"What do you mean?"

Nari asked the masseurs to give us a minute alone. Once they left, she turned her attention on me.

"Ever since you find out you are a carrier, you cut yourself off from the world," she made her way over to me and sat next to me "are you scared that you would become pregnant?"

"No," I lean away from her a little, "because I won't allow that to happen. Besides, I need to focus on my goals and career."

"That is reasonable, but you can still date," she went on to say, "I'm not saying you have to marry anyone, but at least have a dating life.

"I don't know..."

"How about this," I watch as she stood up as if she got the greatest idea in the world "I will see what I can dig about him if and only if you take the time to get to know him."

"Why?" I couldn't help but groan at her request, "and why do I have to be the one to get to know him?"

"Well it won't be fair to me to do all this research while you do nothing," she places her hands on her hips  "you find out what you can about him while you get to know him."

"I don't know about this one," I whispered.

"If you want to know what he thinks if you, you have to get to know him," Nari pointed out with a smirk.

"Let me think about it," I finally answered.

"There is no reason to think about it," she said as she left the masseurs back in the room and waltzed her way back to her table, "you going to get to know him.