-12-

CHAPTER TWELVE | UNEXPECTED DATEThae & Wang EstateApril 2712:07 PM

Thae & Wang Estate
April 27
12:07 PM

Zion's P.O.V.

"What you mean I have a date," I gasped in confusion as I gripped my phone tighter.

"You know a date where two people go out and get to know each other," said my mother in Chinese "you promised us that you would at least try to go on one date, and it's already been a month."

"Mom..."

"Look. Your father and I don't expect you to jump into a relationship, but we do want you to have a dating life," she pointed out, her tone more concern than before, "ever since you found out that you have the Omega Gene, you cut off getting to know anyone."

My mother was right about one thing. I did cut off getting to know anyone after I found out I have the Omega Gene, mainly males. With how the world is today when it comes to those with the Alpha and Omega Genes, I would be putting more pressure onto myself if people found out.

"When are you and dad going to be back home," I asked, hopefully changing the subject that is not about me

"Aww you miss us," she chirped, sounding like some teenage girl who just found out their crush likes them back.

"I just wondering."

"Ah. You trying to sneak guys in while we not there," she teased playfully "just don't get anything on my Asian rugs."

"Mom!" I couldn't help but groan in disgust.

"Okay. Okay, I'll stop playing," my mother let out a faint laugh before getting back to the matter I thought we let go "just go on this date so your father can at least see you have a dating life, you know he worries about you easily."

"Fine," I said in defeat, knowing she wasn't going to let this go "one date."

"Make sure you wear pants that make your little butt pop," she quickly said before hanging up the phone before I could protest.

"What is she a teenager or a mother," I love that my mother and I have a close relationship, but she sure does know how to make me feel embarrassed.

Within seconds of hanging up on me, my mother sent the address and time I was supposed to me this blind date she had set up from me. By just looking at the address, I knew it was the coffee shop I often visit while at work. Out of all the places, she had to pick one I knew.

After what felt like hours of trying to find something to wear, I said the hell with it and put on some jeans, a black shirt paired with a tailored black blazer and black studded boots. I stared at myself in the mirror as I put on some rings, trying to pump myself up for this date.

I was making my way downstairs when my phone begins to ring, and it was my mother.

"Yes?"

"I will have one of the drivers dive you," my mother said quickly, "they upfront waiting for you, so hurry."