3

I got up the next morning "ah Friday" I mumble to myself as I get out of bed. I shower and get ready for the day, deciding on wearing a dark green jumper with black ripped jeans and tanned boots. I layered gold necklaces and tied my hair in a messy ponytail, putting on some makeup until I looked completely airbrushed

I got on the subway to school, meeting Riley outside history class like always. "I got the job!" I jumped when I reached her. Her eyes lit up a big "YAYYY" coming from her mouth as she shouted "no that's not it. I have to babysit king Lucas' little sister" I dread. Riley laughs at the fact I'm gonna be stuck with him on a Friday night, that's if he is even home.

"Maya. Do you want to join the cheerleading team with me" Riley asked "absolutely not" I replied instantly "but pleassseee! Won't it be fun" she smiled "Riles do I look like the type of person who wants to be a cheerleader? And they've rejected you every year since first grade" I state. Riley rolls her eyes playfully "at least come watch me trial. I'll be better this year I promise" she pleads. I agree to come with her only to be supportive, not to trial myself.

When lunch ever so slowly came I went to the gym to watch her trials. "Are you sure you wanna do this? They're all like really good?" I ask her, pointing to the people already on the team "yes maya I've been practising" she said, brushing off the fact that 'practising' for her is watching cheerleading movies on Netflix.

I let her go to the group while I sat on the side bench watching scared for what will happen next. I internally groaned when Lucas and Farkle came in to watch like that's so gross get a life. Farkle smirked, pointing Lucas in the direction of me where I quickly distracted myself with watching Riley before they saw that I saw them.

"Your ass would look great in that uniform" Lucas said once he approached me. I rolled my eyes choosing not to reply to him hoping that it would get him to go away. However, it just made him and Farkle sit down next to me making me groan in annoyance again.

"So why aren't you trialing?" Farkle asked, the first thing he's ever said to me that hasn't involved either sex, drugs or alcohol. "Do I look like a cheerleader" I reply. He laughs "not really no" he smiled. Wait why was he being kinda nice? "Farkle stop flirting with my girl" Lucas stated, Farkle chuckled, turning his view to the cheerleaders.

I wanted to stick my fingers in my eyes "I'm not your girl" I spat. He looked at me with that same smirk on his face. "Why are you even here? Go and sit over there" I point to the other side of the gym "hmm I like it here" he replied, patting the space between us "right I'll go then" I say standing up "no you won't blondie" he replied, pulling me back down to the bench

I sighed annoyed, I have to spend all night at his house can't he just leave me alone at school?? I see it's Riley's turn up "this will be fun" I mumble quietly, Lucas hears however and turns to watch Riley's trial. Lucas, Farkle and I all had the exact same frightened face by what we were seeing. He brought his hand up to cover my eyes from her handsprings and aerials, not wanting to scar me for life.

After her trial we all just sat there with the same expression on our faces, not changing "how'd I do?" She asked once she came over "you did good today! I liked your cartwheels an-" I started before being cut off by Lucas "never ever do cheerleading again that was the worse thing I've ever seen" he said seriously, As much as I hate the guy it was quite funny. I couldn't help but do a small laugh, Riley laughing too once she got over it

Riley and I got up from the gym, heading to last period "was I really that bad?" She asked "yea you were but that's okay!" I told her, still trying to be supportive. "Maybe I'll take up art like you" she questioned. I mentally shook my head no without giving her an actual reply. The world has enough purple cats