Chapter 9

Desdemona stared at her young friend as they stood there in silence. All she could make up from her was sadness, anger, and a little bit of shock. "Marty, what are you doing here?", Desdemona asked breaking the silence as she looked at the young teen.

"I was picking up some alcohol for my ma since she is a nurse, but I couldn't seem to help to run into Ralphie", Marty gritted through her teeth signaling Desdemona the real truth."I was picking up alcohol for my ma when Ralphie saw me and started following me".

"Well then we should take Ralphie home then", Mem huffed as she grabbed Ralphie's hand and walked off before Marty could speak."I'll see you soon Marty and do tell your mother I said hi", Desdemona said quickly before following behind Mem and Ralphie.

"Mem let's goes of me", Ralphie slurred as he dragged his feet on the dirt road."I can't believe you! Going to strawberry and hanging out with Marty have you lost your mind!?", Mem scolded Ralphie taking him by the ear as she walked.

"Why do yous even cares anyway?", Ralphie slurred obviously showing he was drunk."Because you could have gotten hurt!", Mem exclaimed as she let go of his ear and had put both of her hands on her hips."Just wait until Lady Smith finds out about this", Mem exclaimed again finally catching a drunk Ralphie's attention."It seems like he isn't that drunk to remember he could get in trouble", Desdemona muttered under her breath but the two hadn't heard her.

"M-mem don't tell ha", Ralphie stuttered now holding both od Mem's arms as he bent down to her level inches from her face. Making Mem blush, Ralphie smirks, and Desdemona rolling her eyes off the tricks Ralphie learned from Pj. Holding her breath, Mem glared daggers at the smirking Ralphie she backed up and kicked him where any man's weak spot would be.

Ralphie made a scorching sound before he hit the dirt road with a thump, still holding where he had been hit." You shouldn't treat ladies like pawns Mr. Abara", Mem scoffed kicking dirt on the injured Ralphie as she started walking. Desdemona stared at the young girl walking to the house with her hand on her hip as if she was showing off her best evening dress. Desdemona hadn't notice Mem picked up calling men  (when she was angry)  by their surnames, must've gotten that from her.

"So are you just going to stand there or help me out?!", Ralphie wined as he reached out his hand for Desdemona to help him up."You deserve it anyway, going to Strawberry's and hanging around Marty", Desdemona sighed out grabbing his hand and pulling him up." What does Marty have to do with this?', Ralphie asked as he wobbled up (obviously still drunk but somewhat sober) "You know Mem isn't very fond of Miss. Marty McCarthy", Desdemona said as she started walking towards the road leaving Ralphie behind. "I don't see what's so wrong about Marty she's so elegant, beautiful, and going to be the future Mrs. Abara", Ralphie caught up to Desdemona and smiled proudly as he huffed out his chest and started walking straighter.

"About that, Ralphie we need to talk", Desdemona muttered stopping in her tracks as she faced Ralphie. She didn't want to break his heart, but she didn't want him to believe in a false illusion that gets his heartbreak by Marty. She didn't want to sugar coat it too, she had no option but to say it bluntly." Ralphie..... Marty does not take interest in you because she thinks you are mother's slave", Desdemona said slowly not meeting eyes with the lovesick boy.

"W-what why would she think that?", Ralphie asked as his dark maroon eyes widen with his mouth gaped open. "She thinks mother purchased you and even talks bad about you to  Pasty and Sara", Desdemona sighed out before she continued walking on the dirt road. She sighed again and walked back to Ralphie but with a warm smile.

"I suggest you take a liking to a girl that cares and loves you as much as you love them"

"Like who?"

Desdemona smiled once more and tapped her chin playfully before telling Ralphie what she thought this whole time."Mem?....", Desdemona said making it a question seeing Ralphie's wide maroon eyes glow in the evening sun with his newly brushed blush on his face stand out.

"W-what! No way we are just friends and she is a kid!", Ralphie protested as he waved his arm around." First off she's only 3 years younger and.....", Desdemona trailed off." And!", Ralphie yelled with anticipation before collecting himself and saying calmer, "and?" She likes you Ralphie and she cares about you the most", Desdemona giggled out.

"Really? Why?", Ralphie said with a puzzling look on his face."You're asking me", Desdemona faked a laugh." Please be a little kinder to her, start off by apologizing - oh and do not tell her I told you so about this!", Desdemona babbled out the last part, imaging Mem kicking her in the shins once she found out causing Desdemona expression turn to horror." Don't worry I won't", Ralphie laughed out as he shook his head."I do think she is very young, but she is a caring person", he said after."My, my, my  Ralphie Abara did you just mature before my eyes", Desdemona joked as she heard Ralphie chuckled.

"Have you forgotten I am a few inches taller than you?", Ralphie asked with a smirk plastered onto his face." oh hush now we are taking awfully long to get to the house, besides I need to plan for.... my birthday!", Desdemona gasped out as she walked locked in arms with Ralphie. "Have you already forgotten your 18th birthday already? It wouldn't matter because you became a woman 6  years ago but that's quite frightening considering you're pretty young", Ralphie sighed out as Desdemona playfully rolled her eyes.

"Come along Ralphie, they're wondering where I am"

"Shall we go, Miss Smith?"

"We shall", Desdemona responded synchronizing every step with Ralphie to the house they were somehow both raised in. Though, Desdemona hadn't realized what her mother had up her sleeve for her 18th birthday the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize for not posting sooner I had online classes and I had a great deal of work, but I will make sure I have time to post a chapter for my stories.

TADA a new ship Ralphie and Mem

what does Lady Smith have up her sleeve this time and how bad would it be?

I still can't believe Ralphie went to strawberry's bar!

Does Marty have a right to talk about Ralphie behind his back?

Mem sure is a wild child!

Read more soon!