Chapter 4

December 31, 1779

Dear Diary, The day has been pleasant yet the air still sings the frosty melody of winter. Yesterday was unpleasant with the company of Sir Tanner  Honcuby of  Yorkshire, but whos paying attention? I have no interest in the rake nor promises he has perpetually proposed. Now I am in Lady Mulligan's shop with friends who fond over dresses more than fussock with food!

"That is not true sure we are very fond of dresses but not as much of how you are obsessed with the size of your Dicky! (a woman petticoat)", Peggy said looking over my shoulder making me shut the book tight."You babble! I feel bad for the man who will accompany you to the ball more than realizing you read my diary", I giggled as I stood up from the chair I once sat on.

"Nonsense I was being aware of my surroundings", Peggy cooed."That's what she always says when we catch her in the act of snooping", Angelica laughed."Tada! How do I look, ladies", my friend, Kitty Renassellar (the S'3 cousin though I found it odd how their mother and cousin were of the same name) in an unpleasant firey pink that just reeked ugly."Like a madwoman!", Eliza exclaimed making us all laugh.

"I beg your pardon! I plan on being center of attention at the ball even if it cost stares so I'll take it", Kitty pouted her lips as she put her hands on her hips and swayed them."If it makes Miss. Renasellar feel better, you look great in a Beau Nasty eyes", Miss Mulligan said in her British-Irish accent making us once again laugh to the floor.

"Hey Renasellar's charm anyone!", kitty yelled out. I finally stopped laughing and decided to sit back up in my seat."Renasellar, it is such an extraordinary name it is more unique then smith", I breathed out getting everyone's attention."Whatever do you mean? Smith is an parsh surname", Kitty said in a exquisite English accent."Not like my mother's surname, Sallow, I guess she was too embarrassed by it, but seriously Kitty? Parsh", I giggled out."Mark my words it will become a new word! And someone's talking you made us practice your wedding when you and Pj get married", Kitty exclaimed earning nods from the others."Oh hush!", I threw a couch pillow at her laughing.

Soon the door opened to you guessed it was Phillip with multiple dresses stacked on top of his arms covering his masculine face."Speak of the beau", Kitty whispered making everyone giggle quietly, except for me who turned red."Hello ladies, Miss. Desdemona Smith", he lowered the dresses nodding at everyone but stared at me.

December 31, 1779

Dear Diary, Just then  Pj had came into Mulligans with dresses on top of others. I would think he would be hanging around with a Convent Garden nun. Who am I kidding I am in love with the man! I've been in love with him since I was 8! Ever since he called me peaches I couldn't help but go crazy over the man.-"Yes, girl get your mans!", Peggy shouted making everyone stop talking and look at her. I blushed but glared at Peggy as I moved to the window seal and sat on it.

But a few minutes ago he had said ladies and my name. Has he referred to me in a bad way? Thinking I wasn't such a lady for what had happened a day ago? Surely he could forgive what had happened it was merely an accident hopefully he could recognize it as one. Or had he said it as to be playful and trying to be on good terms?

"Miss. Desdemona Sallow (he looked at kitty and smiled) will you do me the honor of accompanying me to the ball in a few weeks?"

Hey, guys, it has been a while but I'm back! Also, I will be posting my weekly schedule for my chapters on each book on my status! If you didn't understand some words it's ok! It is 18th-century slang, so I  don't expect anyone to understand it.

What will Desdemona say?

Does Pj return the same feelings Desdemona secretly has?

Didn't Lady Smith say she needed to meet suitors?

What will she do?

Find out in the next chapter!!