Introduction

December 30, 1779

Dear Diary,

It has been a rough winter down in New York. Red coats have been multiplied ever since the Patriots have won the battle nearby. But I know that General Washington will take care of 'em. Speaking of which he has a new right-hand man named Alexander Hamilton he is very handsome and charming as I heard. And I heard he also has a nice round as-

"MONA!!!", I hear behind me as I get instantly squished by what I'm guessing three bodies making me say "OOf." Turning my body slightly I met my three best friends on top of me. Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy Schuyler. "Why are you guys here?", I ask finally getting them off me gasping for air as I hear them giggling.

"We should ask you the same question, Mona, How is one of the richest families of New York laying in a barn writing in their diary?", Angelica asked moving a wisp of her curly dark hair out of her face. "I needed some peace and quiet! You know sometimes the boys could be a little too loud.", I defended myself as I got up grabbing my diary and taking the pieces of hay out of my curly dark hair.

"You're so lucky I love you guys or I swear it's either me dying from uncomfort or you from my uh rage first", I breathed out the last part as I fell down on the ground with all of them making them giggle more. It was true the three sisters have been my best friends since we were born, considering I was the only girl in my family there wasn't much option.

*FLASHBACK*

"Angelica! Look a girl!",I heard in front of me as I looked up from my book to three girls standing in front of me. It was obvious who was older than the other. But not all three of them looked so much alike. One was prettier than the other, one was sweet than the other, and one was more fierce than the other.

"Uh hi?", I said looking up at the girls who were standing in front of me."We were wondering if you wanted to play with us", the girl in the light blue dress said. "Why? Playing in the dirt would only make you dirtier and untidy", I asked."I like this girl", the shorter girl in the yellow dress said as a smile began to tug on my face.

"Me too, but come on loosen up a bit and have fun!", the taller, pretty girl said dragging my hand to the unknown.

starting a friendship that would last what seemed a lifetime.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

"Uh Mona, you there", Peggy asked waving a hand in front of my face.

My name is Desdemona Smith the fourth child and only girl of now the wealthiest family of New York. I wasn't as proud of my family name as one should be. My father's part of the family was from North Africa making him a moor. And my mother?From England.

Let's just say my mother and I don't get along well. I was told I was a disappointment for not being a son since I could ever remember, living through her harsh rules of what a woman should be.

"MONA! YOU THERE!?', hearing Peggy scream louder as I saw Angelica and Eliza gather around me to see if I was alright.

"Uh Yea, of course, what is it?", I asked seeing them making an opening to one of my trusted servants, Theodore.

"Madam Elenore wants to speak with you....and she isn't happy", he said before walking away.

Speak of the devil

Hey, guys, I hoped you like this chapter and be prepared for the next chapters 👀😎