Chapter 3

"T-Tanner!?", I stammered out before cleaning my throat. "Tanner a pleasant delight to see you again.", I said calmly as I saw him laugh."What's so funny?", I asked confused at what he was laughing at."Oh, nothing you see it's funny watching you attempt to be ladylike, but you are very cute doing it", he said as he lifted my cheek as I scoffed."Mr.Honcuby  you might be highly respected, but your action elucidate you", I huffed as I walked towards the garden. "Why are you being like that? you know we used to court each other", he said as he followed me as I sat on the bench.

                                                                          *FLASHBACK* 

"Come on Tan tell me who your moat fond of", I begged, though my voice was odd that day due to a nearby cold I still managed on having a picnic with Tanner, my best friend on his days off schooling. It took a while for him to respond probably because we were chewing our strawberry tars that Tanner had brung from his fancy school but he finally said something, "No". "But whyyyyy", I dragged out the " y" as I whined. 

"Because I said so.", Tanner said even though he was 2 years older than me he did answer so immaturely Even if he was 12."But to put it this way she is sweet, caring, and she knows how to make good tarts", he stuffed his mouth with more tarts make his red cheeks bloat up."I don't understand, who is it?",I asked as I now grabbed a turkey sandwich out of the straw basket. 

"It's the beautiful lady right next to me", Tanner said as I saw a sudden red creep up onto his face as he looked at the ground and then to me."What girl is sitting next to you? It's only us Tanner", I said confused as I saw him roll his eyes hard, boy for a 12-year-old he sure is feisty."No no no, you see she is apart of your family and is a girl", he said."There's only me as in the only gir-, but then he kissed me for at least what felt a long time until we finally pulled away from each other.

"Woah", I said as I saw him chuckle."I'm glad you'd like it", he said grabbing my hand and looking deep into my chocolate eyes. In truth, I did not care for the kiss as he cared for it. I only liked how romantic it was from the novels and plays I read. Call me a hopeless romantic but I do say romance is quite divine."Please tell me I could court you", He looked into my eyes with a sad child flare. My heart was only to Philip and Philip only!....but it would be nice if I had an attractive older man that'll support me."Please! I'll make you grilled cheese every day and every night", his voice cracked.

"DEAL!"

               *FLASHBACK OVER*

Though it was true we courted for a long time and ended it when I was merely 18 because of how much I loved Pj I don't think I ever loved Tanner and that's how Tanner started hating Pj. Tanner changed over time by being a sad rake and intelligent snob. It is true Tanner was smarter and got more opportunities for being a genius, Pj was kind and sweet the type that any woman would look forward to marrying.

"You remembering the good old' times", Tanner asked as I stopped zoning out. "You mean the times when we were in a loveless relationship?", I rolled my as I crossed my arms together looking the other way."It wasn't always loveless!...until you lost feelings for me", he whispered the last part, but loud enough so I can hear him."Listen Tanner", I said as I tucked any flyaway curls inside my bonnet, "it's the harsh truth, but I was never very interested in you. You knew I had feelings for Philip, and that is long gone but when I did you asked me out even when I was young and not fully wise enough to understand, but now I do", I sighed as I looked into his eyes which were darker than Pj's. 

"Yea, but you still said you wouldn't break my heart you promise me, Mona", he said desperately as he took my gloved hand and it to his chest. "Yea, and you promised me grilled cheese every day, things change people grow apart and lose the deep feelings they had", I said as I started to stand up and walk out of the Garden. Even though the promise about the grilled cheese was when I was ten I still wanted my grilled cheese. "Anyways, I will be going to supper the day is bound to end and I'm shopping for a ball gown. Oh and also Mr.Honcuby do not call me Mona we are not friends.. not anymore", I shuddered at the last words I said, but they needed to be heard.

"You don't understand Miss. Smith, I would live for you, die for, and especially kill for you."