25

When I entered the dining room it was surprisingly very loud. Not so loud I would cover my ears to block out the noise but usually it is silent in there.

There was Alexander at the head of the table and the seat to his right, where I usually sat, was open. Then there was 4 different men, a woman next to each one on the left side of the table. On the right, there were 3 men each with a woman to their right.

I sat down in my seat as the men spoke about politics and such. Alexander looked so bored speaking from time to time whenever he felt like it.

All the ladies ate and drank quietly, and I could guess why. Some of the men were drunk, but not completely wasted. I could tell what their attitudes were as a drunk man's words were a sober man's thoughts.

They were sleazy and disrespectful, not towards the king, of course. Their wives were most likely embarrassed and just kept their mouths shut.

Alexander drank but he always watched how much and what he was drinking. A nobles dream, get the king so wasted he spills every dirty secret about himself and the kingdom.

Alexander was smart though, unlike my own father. My father was always wasted and told every noble everything, that's how people found out about my step brother not actually having royal blood.

When dinner was over and everyone was dismissed I headed back upstairs, until Alexander stopped me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me there, his grip was a bit tight for my liking.

"You look beautiful, my darling wife," Alexander said as he leaned next to my ear. He said so was low but not a whisper.

"I'm still upset with you," I said trying not to give in to him, even though my body begged for me to do so.

"You need to adjust to the kingdoms way of things. Crime is low for a reason here, unlike your old kingdom," he said pulling away looking very angry.

"But that was wrong, they were too young and that old woman died," I said upset and at a whisper trying not to cry, remembering those people crying and begging for it to be over.

"You are a Queen, so start acting like one," he said at a normal level but that just made it ten times more scary.

"Queens are supposed to be compassionate towards the people, good at heart," I said desperately trying to appeal to him, for him to listen.

"Whatever dream world you got that idea from, it doesn't work. As Queen your job is to provide for me, listen to me, and rule beside me," Alexander hissed and gripped my arms tightly.

"Your hurting me," I said in a hushed tone, trying to get away from his grip.

"I am above you, and I wouldn't have to hurt you if you would just listen," he whispered harshly into my ear before releasing me.

I fell to the ground and stared at Alexander. He stood there with no sympathy or emotion, he doesn't care. I got up to leave but Alexander stopped me.

"Did I say you could leave?" He asked

I just stood there silently, trying not to look him in the eye.

"One more thing, stop asking questions especially to my sister. Curiosity killed the cat, my dear," he said and dismissed me.

I walked away knowing that he knew about everything I did. He has eyes everywhere, I might be queen but I have the same amount of freedom here as I did in my old kingdom.