2

I waited in my room sitting on my windowsill reading a book. My room was small compared to my parents or brother's rooms.

It was simple with my bed, vanity, bookshelf, and closet. It was white and pink mostly but there was a red rug in the middle of the room.

I spent most of my time there because I've only left the castle once and that was when I tried to escape

I spent most of my time there because I've only left the castle once and that was when I tried to escape. I made it to the village until someone recognized me and the guards who were in the village grabbed me and brought me back.

That night was horrible. I was beat until I was near death, was not allowed to eat for an entire week, no drinks either so I was dying of thirst, and my only friend who was a maid near my age was in an "accident" the next day.

I didn't try anything after that.

Now knowing what I know I think they would have been happy letting me escape. If I succeeded though the arrangement would've been called off and who knows what my parents get in return.

The door was suddenly opened by my mother who was wearing a gown that looked extremely tight. A cape was connected so this was one of my mother's favorite dresses. She thinks that capes show power and dignity, I don't like them. I like my cloak for when it's cold out but that is about it.

"The king of Proesius has arrived

"The king of Proesius has arrived." My mother said and left the room. I looked out my window and saw a black and gold carriage pull up with 20 soldiers on horses but one man was in front of everyone else. I couldn't get a good look at him but even the slightest glance at him and you could tell he was a leader.

I went downstairs to where my father was on his throne and my mother on the right of him. My brother was wearing his princely attire.

My brother was boastful and mean. He flirts with lots of girls especially with the ones who will do anything for some time with the prince or some money.

I stood next to my brother against my wishes. When the doors opened the most handsome man walked in. He was around 6'1 and it was like power radiated off of him.

"King Alexander welcome to my kingdom." My father said and stood up from his throne. King Alexander said nothing but his gaze landed on me for the smallest moment.

"Hello Anthony. Is this your daughter?" King Alexander asked and turned towards me. "Yes she is." Was all my father said.

"We are in agreement with the terms still correct?" King Alexander asked. "Of course, your daughter becomes my wife and in return you have my kingdoms protection from any threat." King Alexander replies still looking at me. "We shall have the wedding tomorrow then." My mother spoke