15

I sat on the bed reading a book I found in the village. I was educated enough as a princess should be, a way to show status but not as educated as Alexander probably is as men have always been given better education.

When the door opened and when I saw it wasn't Alexander but a woman who walked in I put my book on the table next to the bed. I was curious as to who this is.

"I know you aren't used to this type of freedom but there are still rules you must follow." She spoke.

She was older than me, possibly older than my mother. Wrinkles covered her face and she was extremely short, standing at maybe 4'8.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be disrespectful but who are you?" I asked as kindly as I could.

"If you feel the need to say I don't mean to be disrespectful, then it probably is. And who I am is your teacher." She spoke harshly.

I most likely had a confused look on my face because I didn't understand what was going on.

"Rule 1: always answer your beloved husband when spoken to.
Rule 2: always agree with your husband, even when he is wrong.
Rule 3: never disobey your husband, when told to do something you do it.
Rule 4: look the part of a royal, represent the power you hold.
Rule 5: speak only when spoken to, you are to be seen as beautiful not knowledgeable with words.
Rule 6: your place is below your husband as queen, you are not the king.
Rule 7: never cause a scene, women should not draw attention to themselves.
Rule 8: as a woman, especially a royal, your sole job is to provide an heir.
Rule 9: do not plan to kill or hurt your husband emotionally or physically.
Rule 10: if you break any of these rules it will lead to a punishment decided on my your husband."

I just stood there, all these rules demanding how to live my life. The last one really stood out. Punishments, what kind?

"Do not break these rules. These rules have been decided on years ago when Proesius was first found. Every royal has followed these and those who didn't, didn't live well or long." She said and walked away.

I just stood there dumbfounded at what I have just heard.

A little bit later my maids came to my room telling me that Alexander expected my presence at dinner.

Did I want to see him? No.
Did I have a choice? No.
So I just followed my maids to the dining room.

"Did you learn something today?" Alexander said and gestures for me to sit down. I sat in the chair to his right, as he sat at the head of the table.

"Yes." I said with my hands folded in my lap. I was looking down, I was nervous and scared. I don't know why, I just was.

"I have already told you to look me in the eye when you speak to me." Alexander said narrowing his eyes at me. I gulped and nodded looking him in the eye.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" He asked and I tilted my head to the side slightly, I usually did that when I was confused.

"No?" Alexander asked with his eyebrows raised shaking his slightly, acting surprised but I couldn't tell if it was genuine.

"Ok, then let's ask your friend." He said and I couldn't believe my eyes at what I saw when the large doors opened.

Hey guys I know I already said this I think but if you guys have ANY suggestions about plots/events for what you would like in this book please message me because I'm running out.
Please and thank you🙏