9

We went to a village. It was gorgeous and showed wealth like the rest of the kingdom. All the houses were a decent size to hold an average sized family. The streets were clean with people and shops. Once the people noticed the carriage they backed up to one of the buildings on the street and bowed their heads.

This was another thing that was different from my kingdom. The villages back home were horrible. Dark and dusty with muck everywhere. Drunks and prostitutes filled the streets with families either to big for the small homes or too small from dying. It looked as if a plague hit the village and that kingdom alone.

"This is it sire." A man said and opened the door in a bow. The king got out and offered his hand to me. I took it and stepped out following him into one of the buildings.

"Your majesty welcome." A man said and bowed. "I want to see how it's going." Alexander said as I stood next to him quietly. "Yes your majesty it will be ready by the wedding." The man said with his head bowed. "All of them?" Alexander asked looking around for nothing in particular but just by being bored. "Yes your majesty." The man said with his head still bowed. Alexander nodded and turned around and I followed. Two guards that were outside followed us.

I noticed he wasn't going back to the carriage but the opposite direction. "Are we not going back to the carriage?" I asked. "No I changed my mind today instead I want you to tour the village." Alexander said looking at me then turned the attention to the driver. I didn't truly care about what they were saying so I looked around instead, ignoring their conversation.

I focused on one of the other shops. It looked like a bakery but that's not what I cared about. The woman inside who was dusting. She made eye contact with me and smirked. My curiosity took over. I looked over to Alexander and he was talking to a guard. I don't think he will care too much if I go see the bakery. He does want me to look around.

I walked inside and the woman who was dusting was now behind the counter. "Your majesty how lovely to see you." She said and bowed. She was older but not too old.

"Would you like to buy something your majesty?" She asked. "No thank you I was just curious." I said and turned around but I felt a hand grab my wrist. "Curiosity is something we can't control but here take this the day of your wedding it will help." She said and gave me a small vial with a red liquid in it. I took it but I was skeptical.

"Elise." I turned my head and my eyes widen. Alexander was in front of me and he looked absolutely furious. I didn't know what to say. "What do you think your doing?" He asked calmly yet you could hear the anger in his voice. "Um I was just touring the village like you wanted me to." I said and I put my hands behind my back like I do when I get nervous but I remember the vial in my hand. "Well it's time to go. Now." He said and growled the last part slightly.

I put my hands in front of me and my open hand that wasn't holding the vial held my hand. It was what women were told to do when they were not holding their dress or their beloved's hand.

When we approached the carriage I used my hand that held the vial to hold the vial and the other I used to grab Alexander's hand.

When we arrived at the castle the carriage stopped but right before we got out Alexander looked at me. "Go to your room. I will be there later."