16

When the doors open I felt my jaw hit the floor and my hand immediately covered my mouth in shock and horror.

"Anything you want to tell me, dear?" Alexander asked but when he said dear it was so harsh and forced.

I didn't know what to say seeing that woman being held down by 2 guards. One on the left, the other on the right. She had a collar around her neck that had a chain connected to it, which connected to the giant handcuffs. A weight was also connected to the chain making it obviously hard for her to walk, you could tell the guards were holding her up.

I looked at Alexander's face. No sign of mercy or remorse was seen.

"Do you know what she is doing here?" He asked me as he took a sip of his wine. I shook my head no. Shock was still written all over my face.

He spun his wine glass, the drink spinning in the glass. He stared at it intently. He then threw the glass against the wall.

I closed my eyes tried to hide myself by looking down, as my body refused to get up.

"That bottle was not a nice drink. Poison, every drop of it!" Alexander yelled and slammed his hands on the table.

"You would've drank every drop had I not taken it from you! You would've tried to share it with me as if it were a present!" He yelled at me and I looked to the side, closing my eyes.

"What have I said about looking me in the eye when I speak to you," Alexander grabbed my chin harshly and forced me to look at him. He was terrifying.

"Now I have one final thing to ask you," I looked at him then at the woman. Both her and the guards had a stern expression like nothing bad was happening, just a simple bored look rested on their faces.

"Did you know it was poison?" Alexander asked harshly yet softly. He stared at me as if waiting for me to make a mistake.

"No, I didn't know. I swear I didn't know," I tried to say calmly but I ended up breaking down crying. I held my hands on my face trying to cover my face and stop the tears from running.

"I believe you, and will deal with you later. Head back to the room, no detours or speak to anybody." Alexander said and walked toward that woman.

I got up and headed to the room. Every guard, maid, and other servants bowed their head. I know they bowed because I am queen, but I also believe it was out of pity.

I sat down and the bed and let it all out. I bawled and cried like never before and I honestly don't know why.

After crying for what felt like forever I went to the vanity. My makeup was ruined, running down my face, my hair was in knots and prices that were sticking to my face were wet, my face was red from all the crying and I looked horrible.

I only wanted to know why.